Expired BullGuard Internet Security for 1 year free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
it would be interesting to know how many customers and employees they have. I doubt that they are a big player in the it-security-world

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I give this one a short try. I did not have any BSOD's or anything like that. But what I ran into was the poor menu setup with the software.
For one thing, the CLEANING part of the software, come to find out which was not apparent at first the cleaning part of this software also cleans your PC's registry, but to be fair if you can navigate to the options it does give you the option to deselect that option, but it was a bit difficult to find.

What turns me away from this software the most is the fact that there are so many processes running at the same time. I just don't like that. You could perhaps turn off some functions and they wouldn't run, but I mean the whole point is to have a security SUITE, not just an antivirus etc....

Until they change the main menu and make things more clarified I don't think I will use it. When you click on an option/options selection you should not have to try and figure out what that option was that you just clicked on. So I am getting the impression that the giveaway is a part of a beta test rather than an actual giveaway, it's just not being called that.

I wont be using it, there's too many tried and true solutions out there who are working in the here and now, no reason to support a software that is trying to play catch up when it can't get the most basic thing of all right from the start which is THE MENU SYSTEM.

Either way, that is my experience with this software. I'm not trying to turn anyone away or towards using it or not using it. I'm just telling you what I think and how it worked out for me.

Cheers everyone!

Reactions: catjc and amico81
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Yeah, the interface is clunky, it should have been improved long time ago, but as confirmed by their support, it's not a Bullguards priority now. Vulnerability scanner does have different UI from the rest of the Bullguard. They recently gave away tremendous amounts of licenses and at some sites, the giveaways are still running, they are growing user base by quite a lot this way. Irony that Bullguard is fixed Bitdefenders version is still ongoing, and I would as well pick Bullguard. I just don't like what they did to behaviour blocker, it feels very passive and non-reactive for malware which it doesn't have bitdefender sigs, you feel like you are screwed, other than that it's still a decent product.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, the interface is clunky, it should have been improved long time ago, but as confirmed by their support, it's not a Bullguards priority now. Vulnerability scanner does have different UI from the rest of the Bullguard. They recently gave away tremendous amounts of licenses and at some sites, the giveaways are still running, they are growing user base by quite a lot this way. Irony that Bullguard is fixed Bitdefenders version is still ongoing, and I would as well pick Bullguard. I just don't like what they did to behaviour blocker, it feels very passive and non-reactive for malware which it doesn't have bitdefender sigs, you feel like you are screwed, other than that it's still a decent product.

Am I the only one that kind of gets the feeling that this is a spin off technology provided by Fortinet? I'm probably completely wrong, because I haven't tried a version of Fortinet in years. But The menu system just reminds me a lot of it, perhaps a former worker jumped ship and went to another company and the idea's came about again or something like that. Or maybe they are just a fan of those types of things.

Okay, I'll make it official, I can't stand the MENU SYSTEM! It SUCKS! There I said it, I was wanting to be fair because it's a giveaway and all that, but no it just SUCKS!

I feel as though my free 1 year giveaway license was not a true license, but instead it was to use people as a BETA tester for them/BullGuard to try to figure out the various settings with their software for future use. Or in other words, I feel like I was used like a tool trying out this software rather than given something that might actually be a solid solution to security. JMO.

That being said. If it was a REAL PROMOTION there would be someone following threads on the NET answering questions and addressing problems. That's why I said that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Am I the only one that kind of gets the feeling that this is a spin off technology provided by Fortinet? I'm probably completely wrong, because I haven't tried a version of Fortinet in years. But The menu system just reminds me a lot of it, perhaps a former worker jumped ship and went to another company and the idea's came about again or something like
Forticlient's restructured interface is all Gucci now with the 6.0.0 release Update - FortiClient 6.0.0 (Windows)

It's always handy to grab freebies for a year, especially for a security products, and Bullguard is a no exception, they should just start working instead of giving away licences. I'm sure they will improve, it's just a matter of time. Options are thrown under main tiles on home screen and they are easy to miss or not find at all. It's non-scalable and fancy looking banana cream interface does indeed look like made by someone who still eats baby food. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amico81

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.