Expired BullGuard Internet Security for 1 year free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
delayed signatures (bitdefender) or sleeping behavior blocker...i really hope that they improve the (rather) good base of this program

Reactions: AtlBo and catjc

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Only asking i am emsisoft user i really like it, is easy and very hard whith bad guys, ¿Really bullguard offer any advantaje?, I like bullguard backup feature but ¿What advantajes over emsi?, Now you onñly can catch one year or you can catch too much years as you want whith this promo ¿Do you try register using old accounts or new e mail accounts?

Reactions: AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Only asking i am emsisoft user i really like it, is easy and very hard whith bad guys, ¿Really bullguard offer any advantaje?, I like bullguard backup feature but ¿What advantajes over emsi?, Now you onñly can catch one year or you can catch too much years as you want whith this promo ¿Do you try register using old accounts or new e mail accounts?

Bullguard has decent signatures (Bit), a GOOD Firewall (probably the third or fourth best out there), a handy network monitor that tracks who connects to your network and alerts to new connections. A pretty decent cleanup tool (surprisingly so). But a fairly poor BB IMO that just doesn't wake up enough on threats. So you'll need VoodooShield or OSArmor with Bullguard to be really secure. Emsisoft is a bit more secure without any additional stuff, but the firewall isn't useful IMO.

Bullguard is VERY high on privacy marks, one of the best. It simply doesn't send telemetry.

Bullguard has price breaks that are crazy.. Like 10 devices for 3 years, $30 and other crazy low prices. Also you can use Bullguard Mobile with their licenses as a bonus, and I really like the Android offering. I keep a Bullguard license handy because it is so cheap and use it for Android and some relatives that fill out the last of the licenses we don't use.

Hero7

Level 1
Oct 25, 2017
Bullguard has decent signatures (Bit), a GOOD Firewall (probably the third or fourth best out there), a handy network monitor that tracks who connects to your network and alerts to new connections. A pretty decent cleanup tool (surprisingly so). But a fairly poor BB IMO that just doesn't wake up enough on threats. So you'll need VoodooShield or OSArmor with Bullguard to be really secure. Emsisoft is a bit more secure without any additional stuff, but the firewall isn't useful IMO.

Bullguard is VERY high on privacy marks, one of the best. It simply doesn't send telemetry.

Bullguard has price breaks that are crazy.. Like 10 devices for 3 years, $30 and other crazy low prices. Also you can use Bullguard Mobile with their licenses as a bonus, and I really like the Android offering. I keep a Bullguard license handy because it is so cheap and use it for Android and some relatives that fill out the last of the licenses we don't use.

Will you tell me your ranking of the best firewalls?

Reactions: AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Will you tell me your ranking of the best firewalls?

In terms of suites and their included software firewalls, I think ESET, G Data, Bullguard, Norton and Panda Protection Suite have very nice firewalls. This is speaking strictly as a network engineer. In no particular order, each one has benefits and is better in some areas, but all of them IMO have competent firewalls.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
This is still working tonight. If anyone has trouble with the installer, try running it as administrator. Worked for me.

I like the way Bullguard steers the user away from weakening security in the settings by giving you only bad options lol. I honestly think that's kind of funny and smart at the same time. Almost nothing is checked on the highest security setting in A-V->Tuning.

Does look like BB is the weak point of the software. Heuristics and spyware detection seem to be all there is to it. It apparently checks that drivers are signed so I guess that counts. Yeah, the firewall I like on this app. I like FortKnox better with the WhoIs lookup built into the program and better rules creation options. Got an alert from FK while installing Bullguard tonight that it wanted to inject processes. Not bad from FK...

Not to pump FK into oblivion, but btw I am not having any trouble running FK with other firewalls. Just thought I would mention that since firewalls came up.

Nice find. Thank @MITKH

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thanks but no thanks, I would be very interested if I did not have a paid AV(have heard very nice things about Bullguard).
My Bitdefender Total Security expires April 19. 2019. Then I will evaluate the situation:)

ZeroOne

Level 1
Mar 8, 2018
Using BullGuard since a month! Detection Rate is good, but there are too much False positives.
However, I love its firewall! Detected and blocked many port scan attempts. Like ForgottenSeer 58943 said, its one of the best firewalls out there.

[Edit: Wrote about detection]

Last edited:

cibin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
bro i agree with you
firewall is super & there childlock but threat malicious detection getting headache some times ... even normal autorun detect as a malicious malicious

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Using BullGuard since a month! Too much False positives.
However, I love its firewall! Detected and blocked many port scan attempts. Like ForgottenSeer 58943 said, its one of the best firewalls out there.
how can it have FPs when it uses BD and has no other real modules

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I really hope that they will improve the solid base. They update the program every month with chancelogs...so come on lets go little Bulldog :D

Reactions: frogboy

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
That's new in this month:

Build 18.1.350
Updated April 11, 2018

IMPROVEMENTS
* General:
- Improved scalability of the application main window
- Optimized application processes telemetry and statistics
* Game Booster:
-
Improved user experience by adding new features:

- display widget
- tracking activities in Messaging Centre
- options to restrain processes resource usage
- power plan switching
BUG FIXES
* Firewall: Optimized the value logic acceptance in “Trusted Hosts”
* Vulnerability scanner: Solved reported cases when “checking status” operation does not reach its completion
* Game Booster:
- Fixed crashes upon running VMware virtualization software
- Optimized for running various games with/without anti-cheat software

Build 18.1.349
Updated April 3, 2018

IMPROVEMENTS
* General:

- Improved the detection of various application crashes

- Enhanced the service health checker to recreate missing services

- Tweaked the application user interface (improved scalability, added more information fields to firewall alerts etc.)

* Antivirus: Improved the and anti-rootkit driver and the detection layers of the behavioral engine

* Firewall:

- Optimized the accuracy of network attacks detection

- Improved BSOD reporting by adding alternative methods of collecting minidump files

BUG FIXES
* Antivirus: Fixed various application crashes generated by the behavioral engine
* Firewall: Fixed the instances when the application froze due to a high number of entries in the “Manage Rules” section
* Safe Browsing:
- Fixed cases where safe browsing checkmarks were not displayed on Google Chrome v. 62 and Mozilla Firefox v. 56.0 browsers
- Solved cases of displaying the “connection not secure” message was in Mozilla Firefox
* Vulnerability scanner: Solved reported cases of crashes
* Parental Control: Fixed cases of not being able to install the BullGuard certificate on Mozilla Firefox which caused accessing errors

ZeroOne

Level 1
Mar 8, 2018
how can it have FPs when it uses BD and has no other real modules
I dont know, But it detects a lot of false positives. One of the recent false positives was a file from "Panda Cloud Cleaner". I have used BD Free and Panda Cloud Cleaner (As an on demand scanner), BD Free never detected anything from that.

I have to report a false positive from almost every Third software that I install

Reactions: mekelek

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Hi find that all these suites are very very heavy even though under task manager or process explorer they may seem light in numbers. I'll stick with Os armor and or VS
I also tested Bullguard IS a few weeks ago for only 1 day because it was too heavy for me, other programs were affected like Google chrome with a very slow start-up and switching tabs.... other AV's doesn't have that much impact on my system.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.