Battle Bullguard vs Emsisoft vs Vipre vs Gdata

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
According to 2018 hub tests, GData all the way for better protection.The other 2 choices (Emsisoft and Vipre) scored much lower.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Does GData still use Avast signatures?
I can’t help you decide as you did not specify anything related to whom is using the device you need to protect. What is this device used for?
I tried Bullguard and Emsisoft. Both are good products. I suggest you try them both and then you decide what works best for you. I have not tried GData but I’m planning to. Viper, I never tried it and never will I.

Reactions: Brie and frogboy

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Does GData still use Avast signatures?
I can’t help you decide as you did not specify anything related to whom is using the device you need to protect. What is this device used for?
I tried Bullguard and Emsisoft. Both are good products. I suggest you try them both and then you decide what works best for you. I have not tried GData but I’m planning to. Viper, I never tried it and never will I.
No Bitdefender and Own Signatures and Cylance Close Gap.

Barakah

Level 3
Verified
Apr 13, 2018
Personally I would rather use G-DATA over the other options but that's me. I wouldn't ever be limited to the selection anyway, and don't fancy using any of them.

But if I *did* have to choose. That's what I would choose.

It seems that GData is loved by many here. I’m thinking of trying it soon. Btw I have seen a deal GData Internet Security for $15. I will post in the forum when I find it.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
It seems that GData is loved by many here. I’m thinking of trying it soon. Btw I have seen a deal GData Internet Security for $15. I will post in the forum when I find it.
you can get free monthly codes for GData here in Hungary with purchasing a PC Magazine called CHIP.
Ofcourse these logins are shared online.

Reactions: Barakah
D

Deleted member 65228

I don't like Emsisoft anymore and have never liked VIPRE, and haven't looked into BullGuard much.

So that leaves only one applicable choice if I was **forced** to choose from the selection the OP gave... Which would be G-DATA. But I would never be in that position anyway to have to be forced to choose it out of that selection.

I agree though and see where you're coming from 100%. G-DATA is liked a lot here nowadays by many others whereas in the past it was Emsisoft and G-DATA would've been hardly referenced.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.