Advice Request Buying an antivirus from a different country

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
So, for a while, antivirus market has been adapting to local economies, in order to keep selling. For example, they've realised they can't charge the same amount of money in USA than in Venezuela, even if it's the same product.

Interestingly enough, most of these products don't even require you to have an IP address from the country you wanna buy from, meaning you can save a great portion of your budget.

Example:

Yesterday I bought Norton Antivirus Plus from Norton's official site.

First, I visited the US site (home site), and found the product for USD 19.99.

Then, knowing the current situtation of Argentina, I visited the argentinian Norton official site, that replaces us for ar.

I found in Argentina the price is ARS 599, which leads to a price of USD 2,8. (after all the taxes my argentinian credit card has, final price was of USD 4,2).

Given the fact this is a legit license from the antivirus website, I still get all the support they offer.

---------------------------------

My question now is: can you use Norton as an example and see how much USD would they charge you in your country?

Grab this site: us.norton.com and replace "us" with your country (e.g. fr for france, uk for United Kingdom, etc). Navigate your self to Norton Antivirus Plus, and share with us the amount (first convert it to USD).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi,
i am from Romania and the cost for Norton Antivirus Plus is now on discount from 35 euro to 15 euro for the first year of use,
converting to USD the price is 17.13 USD.
Same prices in The Netherlands:
1644318615570.png

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
I live in Turkey. The dollar is very valuable here compared to our money. 1 dolar : 15 turkish lira. Norton 360 standart price : 69 TL (4.5 dolar) but our version does not have dark web protection and vpn .Prices in Argentina are better than in us. because if you buy it in Argentina, it has a vpn and dark web protection.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
The UK price is £14.99 ~ 17.80 Euro, am not that surprised ever software vendor seem to charge the UK higher than most other European country, it cheaper to buy Norton in the UK from Amazon.

1644336901361.png

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
From the official site, the Swedish price ends up with, 13,29 Euro, but that's also with the offer for a 60% discount for the first year. The subscription is automatic ON for autorenewal.

This version ( Norton Antivirus Plus ) is only for PC and Macs, not for phones.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I always try to buy from Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil, India, or the Philippines. Typically those are the cheapest prices.

If you can open up a paypal account in those countries, you can basically get Spotify for $20/year
Indeed. I pay Youtube Premium (for family, 6 devices) for around 0,75 USD a month.
Also Netflix, for around USD 2 a month.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Indeed. I pay Youtube Premium (for family, 6 devices) for around 0,75 USD a month.
Also Netflix, for around USD 2 a month.
For about 3 months I was subscribe to Netflix in Turkey quite a bit cheaper than UK version, got terminated due to breach of terms and conditions not sure why my account was kill as I know a few who being doing that for well over a year without getting there account killed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.