Troubleshoot Can’t connect to the Internet via ethernet

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
So I downloaded a driver updater program to update my drivers to fix a separate issue but after I restarted my computer I am not able to connect to the Internet through my ethernet cable. I go into network connections and in my adapter options ethernet does not pop up and I am unable to connect to the Internet. I reset my network settings and I did not for the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi and upnorth

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
Go to settings recovery fix problems without resetting the PC Click on other troubleshooters
If that doesn't work and fix the issue , Then reset the PC, But before you do a reset have you got an image backup program with working image you can use? If you don't then resetting your PC is probably your best option.

Upvote 0

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Just go to device manager and go back to previous driver if possible or delete driver and restart and hope windows will find the ethernet driver you had.
Last of ,go to another computer and download driver for that ethernet option in device manager.
Forget about using these drive update programs they rarely work properly..

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.