Advice Request Can Kaspersky Free Cloud clean files from malware?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I remember Norton having problems to even remove inactive malware. There were quite a few occasions in TPSC videos for example.
In cases where a detection is low confidence or in an an archive together with clean contents (and there may be other cases as well where Norton/Symantec believe handling the infection may cause damage), Norton provides only one option and this is “Get Support”. Users are supposed to follow the link, contact support and support will decide whether or not it is safe to remove the infection.

Other than that, users can click on “I believe there are still risks” and launch Power Eraser scan or they can use the Norton Bootable Recovery.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
In cases where a detection is low confidence or in an an archive together with clean contents (and there may be other cases as well where Norton/Symantec believe handling the infection may cause damage), Norton provides only one option and this is “Get Support”. Users are supposed to follow the link, contact support and support will decide whether or not it is safe to remove the infection.

Other than that, users can click on “I believe there are still risks” and launch Power Eraser scan or they can use the Norton Bootable Recovery.
Norton's strength comes from its proactive modules while its signatures and removal engine are mediocre. Sometimes, simply press delete, it's enough to remove the files but norton requires a reboot to remove
I did an experiment installing norton on a heavily infected VM. Norton alone did not remove all malwares and it was one of the worst I have tested

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Norton's strength comes from its proactive modules while its signatures and removal engine are mediocre. Sometimes, simply press delete, it's enough to remove the files but norton requires a reboot to remove
I did an experiment installing norton on a heavily infected VM. Norton alone did not remove all malwares and it was one of the worst I have tested
Do you know if Norton Power Eraser removes malware better than the main product?

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.