Question Can passwords and text messages be accessed on the web version of iCloud?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
On the web version of iCloud (the website) can you view passwords and text messages or is that not one of the things you can do since you don’t have full access?

Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
No, you cannot view passwords and text messages on the web version of iCloud. These features are not available for security reasons. You can only access them on your Apple devices.

Reactions: Jack

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
How do I check if my iCloud mail is being synced with an external email, or being sent to an external email, to ensure that I’m not being hacked.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
You can check this by going to your iCloud account settings. Look for the "Mail" section and then "Forwarding". If any external email is set there, your emails are being forwarded. Also, check "Accounts & Passwords" in settings on your iOS device for any unfamiliar accounts. Always ensure your password is secure to prevent hacking.

Reactions: Nevi and Jack

Azazel

Level 5
Jun 15, 2023
I don't use apple products but i found these:
  • revoke an app-specific password​

• Stop forwarding email​

• Remove a device from the list​

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I don't use apple products but i found these:
  • revoke an app-specific password​

• Stop forwarding email​

• Remove a device from the list​

I am the only one signed in.
No forwarding of Email.
No app specific passwords.

Azazel

Level 5
Jun 15, 2023
seems fine.
Do a deep search of icloud of security settings and icloud email settings to see if you find anything suspicious. I can't help you with that.
As a precaution change icloud password and totp if you got hacked. Deauthorize foreign devices and connections.

why do you think you 've been hacked. have you fall prey to a phishing scam.

Reactions: Nevi

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Apples icloud system is pretty secure. First one have to crack the password. Then to come in, a prompt is sent to your phone or computer where you have to give your consent. Then a code is also coming you have to write. First then you can get acces. Pretty well thought out.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
seems fine.
Do a deep search of icloud of security settings and icloud email settings to see if you find anything suspicious. I can't help you with that.
As a precaution change icloud password and totp if you got hacked. Deauthorize foreign devices and connections.

why do you think you 've been hacked. have you fall prey to a phishing scam.
Accounts were hacked about 9 months ago and I got randomly signed out of my Spotify account.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.