Can someone guide me on how to use Macrium to create backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdivide

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 20, 2015
I just finished reinstalling my computer and I would like to create a backup as I just finished installing everything I need. There's lots of settings in Macrium and I just need to know the proper ones.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. GPT UEFI. 32GB RAM. 500GB 850 EVO. And a 4TB HDD.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
I've got a quick question. I wanted to clone or image to my new HDD (which has data). What'd be the best way to go about it?

Edit: So, I've decided to do this the long way. Defrag and resize partitions on the new and old HDD and clone it :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

If C drive is 35 GB full, how much time app Macrium will take to restore?

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Free version has differential backup, can you restore to differential backup & is it quick restore?
e.g. your 35GB
From what I can tell (since I haven't used Macrium yet), but most differential backups have a base (30GB) + differential (5GB) (whatever has changed). So your backing up might be pretty quick, but if you're going to do a full restore, it going to be the total backup (35GB).

How Differential Backups Work

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

e.g. your 35GB
From what I can tell (since I haven't used Macrium yet), but most differential backups have a base (30GB) + differential (5GB) (whatever has changed). So your backing up might be pretty quick, but if you're going to do a full restore, it going to be the total backup (35GB).

How Differential Backups Work
So can Macrium free be used to restore like snapshot program?

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
So can Macrium free be used to restore like snapshot program?
I guess it's a program like Acronis True Image, AMOEI Backupper, Norton Ghost or advanced version of Windows Backup / Restore. And very much yes, as a free program it's pretty good. You can check out their site and compare their version ;)

Macrium Reflect Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.