Advice Request Can we compile a List of VPN which got proof of non logging?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
VPN that survived server raids / Server seizing without any user data leaks / logs to be found.
  • Private Internet Access 3x* FBI raided with no logs to be found. (* thanks @L0ckJaw for correcting me changed it to 3x )
  • Perfect privacy also survived a few times server seizing with no logs to be found ( at their price tag they should ).
  • Air vpn i think i remember had a russian server seized and nothing was found but cant find anymore and its old like 5-10 years ago. ( so big MAYBE )
  • ExpressVPN had a server seized in Turkey back in December 2017 No user data was found ( thanks @Arequire )

and maybe VPN with huge "fails"

its hard to gather the info on yourself but we could crowd compile it kinda.

Last edited:

Slerion

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Mullvad > All :D
Ye but this thread wasnt like about reviews or oppinions more like a list of VPN which actually survived raids and have proof.

iam myself too a mullvad fan but .. you know a list of actual VPN which survived governmental raids and had no logs / made big screw ups would be nice.
as much as i know Mullvad wasnt yet raided by the police or got servers seized so they really arent part of that list.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
To be fair, Windscribe are making changes and were open about what happened instead of trying to hide it.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
VPN that survived server raids / Server seizing without any user data leaks / logs to be found.
  • Private Internet Access 3x* FBI raided with no logs to be found. (* thanks @L0ckJaw for correcting me changed it to 3x )
  • Perfect privacy also survived a few times server seizing with no logs to be found ( at their price tag they should ).
  • Air vpn i think i remember had a russian server seized and nothing was found but cant find anymore and its old like 5-10 years ago. ( so big MAYBE )
  • ExpressVPN had a server seized in Turkey back in December 2017 No user data was found ( thanks @Arequire )

and maybe VPN with huge "fails"

its hard to gather the info on yourself but we could crowd compile it kinda.
Wrt Surfshark VPN

Are you referring to Surfshark VPN signing a confidential document with filmmakers in blocking torrent sites? It's discussed below.

Actually, what's being signed is confidential. Like some said just don't use US servers for torrenting. And if you can trust Perfect Privacy VPN on this issue (see below) then Surfshark VPN should not be an issue as well.

Quote from restoreprivacy link

Sven Taylor

January 18, 2022

Many VPN providers have been blocking torrent traffic on US servers for years now, because they will lose their VPN server hosting and data centers. This is nothing new. Torrenting in the US is always risky due to overzealous lawyers and film/music studios who want to sue everyone, including any service that provides infrastructure to torrent. Perfect Privacy has blocked torrenting on US servers for at least the past 5+ years, and others do it as well.
As people noted in that reddit thread, it literally just means that torrenting traffic will be blocked from US servers. So connect to fast VPN servers outside the US. Problem solved.

Unquote

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.