Can you help me find out what this product is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
I recently find out that besides Tuneup utilities 2013, i found a program called "Fix-it Utilities Professional. So i was wondering does anyone of you have or had an experience with this program and is it good, better or worse than Tuneup utilities 2013?

I

illumination

De_Haos said:
I recently find out that besides Tuneup utilities 2013, i found a program called "Fix-it Utilities Professional. So i was wondering does anyone of you have or had an experience with this program and is it good, better or worse than Tuneup utilities 2013?

My personal experience and opinion of this program is to stay away from it, as it can mess your system up with a quickness, especially if you do not know what you are doing with it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have to agree with illumination, but also when it says it can help and speed up your PC I say the opposite. It slows it down to a crawl.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Fix-it Utilities Professional is a dangerous product, stay away from it.
The product is complete junk. Tuneup Utilities is a much better product.

IObit Advanced SystemCare Free is my choice for these kind of products.
No need to buy any there are tons of freeware which are just as good or better.

Enjoy!!:D

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
De_Haos said:

I'd definitely be careful with Fix-it.

In comparison, while not as aggressive in cleaning settings, TuneUp compensates with impressive reliability. I haven't experienced a single issue with it in over 4 years now on multiple PCs. It also easily wins in the novelty stakes - its features are usually introduced in other similar software, a case of copying being the sincerest form of flattery. The problem is that TUU giveaways are few and far between if you don't feel like paying for it.

ASC, as Littlebits pointed out, is a compelling alternative, given that you can easily get a license for the PRO version from the frequent IObit giveaways. The Free edition is good enough, too.

And as Umbra said, CCleaner is usually all you need.

Edit: spelling

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
maybe give it to your neighbour who's cat pees on your car tyres as a gift
that'll give him the message your ticked LoL :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Fix-it-utilities Pro is definitely a product to stay away from.They really prey on the average user claiming magical things with a program that is junk and yes it will do magical things,as magically mess up your computer.I have used Tune Up and Iobit ASC .I havent used anything but CCleaner and a little knowledge for a very long time.I did check out ASC when they had a giveaway and If I was to use a Utility besides CCleaner I think ASC is a very good utility.They also have a good uninstaller which I actually like a bit better than Revo

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
But i don't understand he mad my Windows more responsive.
Didn't had any issues with this program.

He didn't damage any windows files, registry is normal(no error popups).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.