Serious Discussion Trustd Mobile Security any good?

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
Hey guys,

I came across the app Trustd Mobile Security formerly Traced Mobile Security. I have not been able to find a whole lot of info about it online doing Google searches. From the reviews and the product page it sounds like it is solid. However, a companies perception of itself is not very trustworthy.

Does anyone have any experience with this mobile security? What was appealing to me is it seams like a very complete security app. For example it has link checker, phishing protection, WiFi scanner, mic and camera protection, and a lot of other features all for free. What I am wondering is this a bunch of hype or is this really a good security app?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Trustd Mobile Security is indeed feature-rich and offers a comprehensive security solution. However, it's always best to try it out for yourself as experiences can vary. Remember to also consider other factors like user interface, customer support, and updates.

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
I doubt it can compete with the known antivirus vendors. You could try sophos free instead, wich has lots of features and is completely free.

Also avast/avg free will be much better than this.
It says that companies trust it to protect employees personal devices. This sentence seams like cap to me 🤣

What about ESET? I was reading through the mobile security configs. I seen a couple people had it on their phones.

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
On my family's devices we use Bitdefender + Adguard (I am considering the option to add VPN). So far we have no complaints. Eset works very well, personally I can recommend it.

Reactions: Jonny Quest

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
What about ESET? I was reading through the mobile security configs. I seen a couple people had it on their phones.
If you just need extra security, I really like Eset Mobile. No bloatware, clear concise interface, good phishing protection in all major browsers, notifications and sms, app blocking, very fast scanning with various settings. Of all the mobile antiviruses, and I think I've tried almost all of them, the experience with it is the cleanest.

But, of course, I can't say anything about its effectiveness, it's not very easy to find mobile samples, especially 0-day, but according to lab tests, it is one of the top ones.

Regarding Trustd Mobile Security, no one on Virustotal considers it dangerous:

Given that they offer a commercial product, it is possible that they provide a free application to collect data about threats in the wild, but this is just a theory. Just for fun, I'll try this later.

P.S.
Also the domain is 4 years old, server in UK, not listed in any blacklists:
It's probably not a fake antivirus, at least. :)

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
If it’s the company that you are interested in, the CEO Benedict Jones worked at McAfee and Sophos.

IMG_3084.png
The company partners with NCSC
https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/blog-post/leveraging-ncsc-insight-fight-against-mobile-threats

The rest is publicly available. Not sure how effective it is, or what’s the technology behind it. I am unable to find any patents so I guess they haven’t got any. They may be using some third party technologies or feeds as well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.