Question Can you hide the "proceed" option of uBlock Origin?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
uBlock Origin displays the "proceed" option for badware risks. Can you hide the option?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
No, you can't hide the "proceed" option in uBlock Origin. It's there as a safety measure to warn users about potential risks. However, you can adjust your filter lists to reduce the number of warnings.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
No, you can't hide the "proceed" option in uBlock Origin. It's there as a safety measure to warn users about potential risks. However, you can adjust your filter lists to reduce the number of warnings.
I meant not to display the "proceed" option, so the user cannot proceed to the bad website.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
But what if it isn't a bad site, and just a FP? Does that ever happen with uBlock and some of the default Filter lists?
I haven't noticed FPs with the default filters. A setting to show or hide the "proceed" option would be nice. I'm testing Comodo Firewall, NextDNS, and the OISD NSFW filter in uBlock Origin for protection and parental control. The combination works effectively (especially for 8–12-year-olds), but the user can proceed or access sites that uBlock Origin blocks. I can add the NSFW filter in Comodo, but it appears Comodo Website Filtering is not working correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny Quest

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.