Question Can you use a DNS/Secure DNS with Google Family Link?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
A friend asked me if he could use a DNS/Secure DNS with Google Family Link on her kids Android devices. I don't know how Google Family Link works. Can you use a DNS/Secure DNS with Google Family Link?

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
You can set up dns server on every android phone and use family link same time, its just an app that has nothing to do with dns. In my sisters kids device i have set up adguard family filter dns and using family link normally
Thank you. I tried ControlD custom, family versions of AdGuard, Cloudflare, and ControlD on the iPad. I settled for ControlD, as it seems to hide adult content better on YouTube. For example, I searched the term "s*x" and ControlD hid adult content, but other DNS services showed provocative content.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.