Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I hope things go well for her, and as great strides have been made recently in Oncology perhaps (Please Lord) the chances are good for a total remission. As to viral therapy for cancers, actually the first product along these lines, T-VEC, has been approved for advanced melenoma a (modified H. simplex virus):

Talimogene Laherparepvec (T-VEC): An Intralesional Cancer Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma

Forgive if the topic doesn't really fit here, but sometimes there is an overwhelming Need to Know.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I hope things go well for her, and as great strides have been made recently in Oncology perhaps (Please Lord) the chances are good for a total remission. As to viral therapy for cancers, actually the first product along these lines, T-VEC, has been approved for advanced melenoma a (modified H. simplex virus):

Talimogene Laherparepvec (T-VEC): An Intralesional Cancer Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma

Forgive if the topic doesn't really fit here, but sometimes there is an overwhelming Need to Know. She has Squamous Cell Carcinoma, which is very responsive to the course of treatments. There is no 100% guarantee, of course, but cure is in the 95+ % ramge

She has Squamous Cell Carcinoma which, fortunately, is very treatable and is responsive to the course of treatments. There is no 100% guarantee, of course, but cure is in the 95+ % range.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I really hope the therapy works, more than that I hope it gets approved quickly and the people that need it can get it without jumping through ten thousand bureaucratic hoops and miles of insurance industry red tape.

@Chuck57, best wishes to your wife and you too. I have been in your shoes and I know what you are going through. I hope she comes through this really fast and she will be OK.

C.H.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.