Cannot access internet after EIS install

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

whizkidraj said:
Ok sir :(.
Also I wanted to ask that u said here http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-WSA-works
Sandboxie by default can't block keyloggers, so now with WSA ,it will add to sandboxie an increased security.

yes

But I saw in Emsisoft that a kelogger section was there.
So I want to know about ur settings in Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online armor to get along with webroot.

i just excluded the running processes of both in their respective exclusions lists.

Also Emsisoft IS doesn't have any antivirus included right as malware-bytes is also anti-malware and it is used as companion with other antivirus so same fore Emsisoft IS ?

Emsisoft AM is a full AV protecting from all malwares; it can be either a main AV or a companion AV unlike MBAM (that is just a companion AV and must be used with a full AV , said their developers).
Now viruses or malwares are considered as same, both EAM and MBAM just kept the old nomination.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks Umbra sir and Kudos to Emsisoft and their forums and support. <3 it really and I really like the fact that emsisoft doesn't leave even a single registry key, file or folder behind after the uninstall which is truly amazing as this is not the case if compared to heavy and known antivirus brands like Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast and the list goes on. Only disappointed with the startup time delay as it slows down my windows 8 startup which is usually very fast not much slow but I think it should improve and in RAM usage otherwise I liked it very very much :D. I know every antivirus has some or the other minus points but lets hope for the best and also that my problem gets fixed soon. Its still in progress and I'll post the solution if it gets solved. Time to study so and its 8:50 PM now so will try Fiddler log method tomorrow and if the problem gets over after a long time also then also emsisoft has promised me to give the 1 year License key again as the previous one got expired on Dec 15. Hope it gets fixed till Christmas Eve and I get the License key as my Gift by emsisoft as the Santa Claus :p. Merry Christmas MalwareTips and all my friends and member here :)

P

Plexx

whizkidraj said:
(...)I really like the fact that emsisoft doesn't leave even a single registry key, file or folder behind after the uninstall which is truly amazing as this is not the case if compared to heavy and known antivirus brands like Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast and the list goes on.

I might have missed or misunderstood something in the above statement but since when ESET, Norton and avast! belong to the heavyweight solutions?

Kaspersky is the only one out of that list. Also it is to note that Emsisoft does have issues such as RAM and CPU spikes as well as Boot time decreased.

Also last time I checked ESET and avast! did not leave anything behind apart from the folder which is empty (in avast! case for sure).

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Biozfear said:
whizkidraj said:
(...)I really like the fact that emsisoft doesn't leave even a single registry key, file or folder behind after the uninstall which is truly amazing as this is not the case if compared to heavy and known antivirus brands like Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast and the list goes on.

I might have missed or misunderstood something in the above statement but since when ESET, Norton and avast! belong to the heavyweight solutions?

Yes you & stranger sir, have misunderstood the whole statement or quote by me. I think u and Stranger sir don't see WWE
or UFC and therefore didn't understand what I meant.
In the quote which u pointed I said Emsisoft doesn't leave any file, folder or registry value behind after the uninstall as I know how to do a manual uninstall and very experienced at it and have checked it for emsisoft as compared to ESET which leaves its folder yes emtpy but still it does leave as I said in my post about folder and also some registry values which if u want I can give with full details as deleting registry values is also a part of manual uninstallation and same for Avast except the fact that it doesn't leave any registry value but only a empty folder or some times folder with some custom settings of user. And heavyweight doesn't mean a system resource hogger and with high RAM usage lagging the system. It means that they are the big names in security solutions i.e big companies more famous etc,,... In my quote I didn't compared emsisoft to these heavy weight security solutions on terms of ram usage or lagg in it but on the terms of registry values, keys, folders, files left behind after uninstallation. So please don't post such and ask me or tell me that I have done a mistake or a bit wrong at it if I'm not as I only say such things only if I do have a answer and personal experience and practice and can correct the errors in it.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Hi,
You have mention word heavy for Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast.
The word used for title in wwe is heavy weight not heavy for wrestler who is more strong.

I used to watch wwe as you don't know my 1st name at MalwareTips was "Stonecold" as I am fan of Steve Austin,now i don't watch wwe as it is not as excited as it was 10-12 years back.

Your second point that emsisoft leaves nothing behind after manual uninstall and I bet there is no software which never leaves behind anything after manual uninstall

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Stranger said:
Your second point that emsisoft leaves nothing behind after manual uninstall and I bet there is no software which never leaves behind anything after manual uninstall

Stranger you right every software leaves something

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Biozfear said:

Kaspersky is the only one out of that list. Also it is to note that Emsisoft does have issues such as RAM and CPU spikes as well as Boot time decreased.

Read this and say what does this mean
he mentioned heavyweight in his post and I gave u the meaning what I mean heavywight is and also compared heavyweight to RAM and CPU spikes as well as Boot time decreased by saying

Read Read Grrrrr.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
whizkidraj said:
Biozfear said:

Read this and say what does this mean
he mentioned heavyweight in his post and I gave u the meaning what I mean heavywight is and also compared heavyweight to RAM and CPU spikes as well as Boot time decreased by saying

Read Read Grrrrr.

Not able to get your point
No one should judge product before giving it a try and now kaspersky 2013 and bitdefender 2013 is not a heavy one and I agree emsisoft have some lay down

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
KIS is really lighter?

No not lighter but not heavier as it used to be but bitdefender improved a lot and I can say its one of the lightest av in 2013 version

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
I've not used Bitdefender and not commented about it in this thread so I won't reply on that but KIS was not and still is not light on system resources. I remember using KIS yes the 2013 version once and after using it I'd created a simple silly joke about it quoting that KIS on my 4 gb RAM pc makes it feel like I'm running the half of it i.e 2GB RAM and I say it everytime to bring some humor or good jokes on KIS though they are making KIS bad lolz :p.
And this is my last reply to this discussion about heavy heavyweight products and leftovers by saying
whizkidraj wrote:
please don't post such and ask me or tell me that I have done a mistake or a bit wrong at it if I'm not as I only say such things only if I do have a answer and personal experience and practice and can correct the errors in it.
this is ur reply to
Stranger wrote :
No one should judge product before giving it a try
Stranger wrote:
Not able to get your point
U r confused read this.
whizkidraj wrote:
In my quote I didn't compared emsisoft to these heavy weight security solutions on terms of ram usage or lagg in it but on the terms of registry values, keys, folders, files left behind after uninstallation.
So in this sentence I'm saying that what biozfear quoted me saying
whizkidraj wrote: (...)I really like the fact that emsisoft doesn't leave even a single registry key, file or folder behind after the uninstall which is truly amazing as this is not the case if compared to heavy and known antivirus brands like Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast and the list goes on.
Here u can read that heavy term is not compared from emsisoft to Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast but compared to their uninstallation and what lefts behind
and also I can guarentee u that emsisoft doesn't leave any damn thing behind since this thread for which my problem I've posted here, I had to install and uninstall emsisoft 4-5 times but still same results and everytime I checked for leftovers and there were none whether it be of registry files, temp files i.e App data folder, in windows temp folder, in program data folder, in program files folder, in program files common folder, shortcuts, regedit values, Cleaned and scanned by ccleaner everytime I do any software install or uninstall. No no no leftovers for emsisoft i.e why I posted that I say such things only when .... as quoted above by me.
Any more things to ask or I might have forgotten any please reply then only as I will only now reply after my problem is fixed giving the solution for the problem or some major and important quotes that I think must to known for this thread if Emsisoft tells me some new information about it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Has your issue been resolved?

Please PM me or another Staff member, if you want this topic re-opened.

whizkidraj said:
http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/10098-emsisoft-anti-malware-and-online-armor-key-not-valid/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.