Troubleshoot Cannot run Virtual Box ...need help!!!!

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Hello guys,
I've installed latest version of Oracle VM vitual box and created a vitual disk for the purpose of Malware testing...But i cannot start VM as it shows "No bootable devices found" ..I've tried to boot with a DVD as well as USB but its still showing the error message....What to do??? ...I'm using a dell inspiron lappy..
Thank you.
Screenshot (33).jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You must have a valid ISO in order to show the operating system that mounted by clicking "Choose a Virtual CD/DVD disk file" and locate where the specific ISO placed.

fAykOfH.png

Reactions: MrExplorer
Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
In Virtual Box, You create a virtual environment, where you had to Install an operating system, so either you can Install it using a Windows DVD or ISO of Windows.

Image by @jamescv7 will help you.

Are you having Windows ISO.

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.