Dhruv2193

Level 9
Verified
List of current issues
Configuration of forticlient web filtering
Steps taken, but have been unsuccessful?
Saw guides
I jus wanted to know about following things in forticlient:-
1) What are the tick marks for every category?
2) When setting up for the first time, what all is blocked?
3) What is the difference between tick marks and the option to block, allow etc.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Upvote 0

Dhruv2193

Level 9
Verified
Usually tick means enable and untick disable.
Once enabled you can set it to allow, block, warn or monitor.
Thanks for the reply. But when setting it for first time and enabling the web filtering, what all is blocked by default? or we have to right click each category to block/allow and I know that tick marks usually stand for enabled but they disappear after saving the settings with tick marks. I have posted on forticlient forum today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Thanks for the reply. But when setting it for first time and enabling the web filtering, what all is blocked by default? or we have to right click each category to block/allow and I know that tick marks usually stand for enabled but they disappear after saving the settings with tick marks. I have posted on forticlient forum today.
I don't remember exactly, but for sure malware, spyware and such are blocked by default.
Usually settings are greyed out and you can modify them after you click on the lock. After you save, everything should be saved.
Anyway, if you have posted the same question on their forum, I'm sure you'll get a better answer :)

Upvote 0

71Hemi

Level 2
Is there an offline installer for FortiClient 6.0.9 in a 64bit version? Also didn't Slyguy post a FortiClient configuration "how to" thread a while back? Any links?

Upvote 0