RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Second time on two weeks... Both wifi and ethernet fail to connect to the web. It says CONNECTED but grabs no website. No browsers. Chrome says "Can't find DNS of the server). BUT I HAVE INTERNET ON ALL OTHER LAPTOPS AND PHONES. I tried:

Flush dns
Use Google dns
Repair internet
Reboot machine and router
Check and update drivers
Restore system
Change ip
Scan for malware

I didn't install anything new but Xvirus Antimalware around 8 hours ago, and I had the problem again now. Uninstalled it and didn't help. Last time two weeks ago I got this issue and could do nothing, had to format. Don't want to again.

HELP PLEASE.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
with windows 10 pro anniversary?
The same think happened to me, I think, the cumulative update was not completed.
or banned internet connection by mocosoft with these pirates licenses, they are not satisfied. next day the problem.
LOL.
Weird.. I had an original Windows 8 license and legally updated when it was available and "free". Something I can mention is when I was playing Windows was updating so I limited Windows Update to 5b/s so i could play. Maybe this canceled the update and ruined it?

Reactions: monsterturckpa
Upvote 0

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Have you tried to ping Google?
Open Cmd and type the command "ping google.com" (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key. At this point, the computer will send some data packets to Google and will show you the result of the operation.
Or some problem with your firewall?

Upvote 0

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Open Network And Sharing Center, On the right it should have an option being Change Adapter Options, from there click on the adapter connecting you to the internet, you'll then want to go to properties. After this, scroll down till you see Internet Protocol V4 (Ipv4) and double click on it. Make sure it automatically grabs it from the router as it may've been changed by software.

Reactions: RoboMan
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Troubleshoot with Windows Connectivity Diagnostic or through Chrome recommendations.

Reset using SRT for Chrome - Chrome Cleanup Tool

Forget all Known WiFi Networks and re-connect.

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Have you tried to ping Google?
Open Cmd and type the command "ping google.com" (without the quotation marks) and press the Enter key. At this point, the computer will send some data packets to Google and will show you the result of the operation.
Or some problem with your firewall?

Hi, I can't ping no host, no Internet. My firewall is Emsisoft's and never gave me trouble. I tried disabling it and it didn't work...

Open Network And Sharing Center, On the right it should have an option being Change Adapter Options, from there click on the adapter connecting you to the internet, you'll then want to go to properties. After this, scroll down till you see Internet Protocol V4 (Ipv4) and double click on it. Make sure it automatically grabs it from the router as it may've been changed by software.

Hi, I already tried it and it fail. I even tried changing it again and giving Google's DNS but failed.

Public or Private Network in NetWork and Sharing Center?

Over here it says it's public, but in Emsisoft s firewall it details its private...

Troubleshoot with Windows Connectivity Diagnostic or through Chrome recommendations.

Reset using SRT for Chrome - Chrome Cleanup Tool

Forget all Known WiFi Networks and re-connect.

I did the first.. Just tried last two and did not help... I cannot believe this is happening again... If League of Legends could be played at Linux I'd migrate I'm sure.. Tha KS everybody so far for the help.

Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Try to change in Windows 10 to Private NetWork... some days ago a different user in this forum that just installed EIS got no connection in his system, but He uninstalled it unless to try to check and try to find a solution...

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
According to your profile you use Emsisoft and VoodoShield. Have you tried disabling or re-checking the settings? Rebooting the system? Etc.

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Try to change in Windows 10 to Private NetWork... some days ago a different user in this forum that just installed EIS got no connection in his system, but He uninstalled it unless to try to check and try to find a solution...

Tried and did not help:/

According to your profile you use Emsisoft and VoodoShield. Have you tried disabling or re-checking the settings? Rebooting the system? Etc.

Yep, first thing i tried...

I guess this is one of those #WeirdWindowsMysteries

I'll have to format and stay away from Windows 10. Twice in two weeks is a big number. Heading to W7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi everybody. I "kind of" formated Windows 10 with the built-in Windows 10 tool that deletes configuration and apps. This worked. I've come to the conclusion that there's a new update that's not compatible with my ethernet card or driver. That would explain why when i format i have internet and days later it stops working.

Two possible fixes i'll be using:

-Go back to Windows 7 with automatic updates (same security configuration)
-Tweak Windows 10 Update System so it does not install updates anymore and i download them manually (sad)

You shall mark this thread as solved. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.