Can't Connect with the Real Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elharris6_9

Thread author
Verified
Apr 12, 2013
I am not sure what is causing this, but suddenly, when trying to open up Google Chrome, a message came up saying that I couldn't connect with the real google.com, and that if I were to enter the presented page, I could be attacked. I'm not sure what this means, but I had a problem with Deltasearch a while back, so I thought that maybe it was a virus. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scans turned up empty of malicious files, I used CCleaner to get rid of some bulk files, but after scanning with HitmanPro, it said there were still 12 possible threats. Is this the work of a virus, or is google just having security problems currently?

elharris6_9

Thread author
Verified
Apr 12, 2013
Well, it looks as though I can't reply to the forum you put up in the malware removal section. Did you want me to post the logfiles here, or was that a mistake?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Sorry, there is a restriction, I forgot. But you can open your own topic in this forum, and I'll close this one. When you open your own topic, you can reply normally...

elharris6_9

Thread author
Verified
Apr 12, 2013
Okay, I just wanted to make sure. And you mean the assistance forum, not this software troubleshooting forum, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.