Troubleshoot Can't load into Windows only GNU Grub

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Well now I am totally stuck. I hope I didn't break my computer but am not surprised if I didn't...

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
if u have uninstalled ubuntu u can try to fix ur mbr boot. i had the same problem and needed to make a secureusb and than boot from this usb and repair my mbr. after that windows loaded normal.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Jans right try the fix mbr commands
you can repair and rebuild your mbr that way and save
yourself some headache.
See this too brother: How to fix Windows 10 boot loader from Windows
that is spacifically about that "grub" issue you mentioned.
You can google the MBR repair commands I cant recall them off the top
of my head but they have saved me more than once over the years.
Good luck Gamez, let us know how it goes, PM me if you need any help.
PeAcE

Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Event after resetting my computer I still get the GNU Grub Screen. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Event after resetting my computer I still get the GNU Grub Screen. Any suggestions?

Did you reset your BIOS settings to default? Factory resetting will not reset your Boot OS/Mode, it may still be attempting to run "Legacy" and "Other OS" rather than Windows in Secure Boot.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.