Solved Can't remove Obrona

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
You are the Master of Mystery! Once again you have sent something which is completely meaningless to me. Please explain.

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
What is meaningless? How about a reply with just "report" in it, no instructions or explanation! Did you want me to do something? Is it still needed?

Anyway, I googled & got help to reset proxy manually--which was essential because I COULD NOT DOWNLOAD AND RUN ANYTHING until that was done. I got it done. I ran AdwWare. Things have continued to improve.

I'm still getting some re-directs, to some obviously bogus "security" sites.

What else to do?

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Here's the AdwCleaner report. Is that what you wanted?

# AdwCleaner v4.109 - Report created 04/02/2015 at 05:22:54
# Updated 24/01/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-02-03.1 [Live]
# Operating System : Windows 8.1 (64 bits)
# Username : emowrey1 - LAPTOP1
# Running from : C:\Users\emowrey1\Downloads\AdwCleaner(1).exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Roaming\FirefoxToolbar
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OBRONA BlockAds
File Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins\default-search.xml
File Deleted : C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.superfish.com_0.localstorage
File Deleted : C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_inst.shoppingate.info_0.localstorage
File Deleted : C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_static.re-markable00.re-markable.net_0.localstorage

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\superfish.com
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\www.superfish.com
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{26B19FA4-E8A1-4A1B-A163-1A1E46F830DD}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{26B19FA4-E8A1-4A1B-A163-1A1E46F830DD}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{26B19FA4-E8A1-4A1B-A163-1A1E46F830DD}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{26B19FA4-E8A1-4A1B-A163-1A1E46F830DD}
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2476}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2476}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Red Sky
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Softonic
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\SmdmF
Data Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyOverride] - <local>
Data Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyServer] - hxxp=127.0.0.1:9880

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17416

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v35.0.1 (x86 en-US)

[92iyrfuh.default-1419819414002\prefs.js] - Line Deleted : user_pref("browser.search.hiddenOneOffs", "Yahoo,Bing,Amazon.com,default-search.net,DuckDuckGo,eBay,Twitter,Wikipedia (en)");

-\\ Google Chrome v40.0.2214.94

[C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] - Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://search.aol.com/aol/search?q={searchTerms}
[C:\Users\emowrey1\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] - Deleted [Search Provider] : hxxp://www.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [6627 octets] - [02/04/2014 06:42:58]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [3480 octets] - [04/02/2015 05:19:26]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [5824 octets] - [02/04/2014 06:44:13]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3215 octets] - [04/02/2015 05:22:54]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3275 octets] ##########

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
What browser has a problem?
Now, no "proxy not connect" problems. I fixed them with instructions I googled.

I use Firefox and got a couple of those re-directs a while ago. None now for a while.

What should I do if they return?

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/var4/

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detection & Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/var4/

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detection & Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

I have attached the scan log.

Attachments

• 150204 MalwareBytes Scanlog.txt
    1 KB · Views: 31

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Glad we could help. We will delete all used tools.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Glad we could help. We will delete all used tools.

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

When I first ran DelFix my Trend Micro deleted it and then my computer froze and I had to do a cold boot. Should I do anything about that?

I disabled Trend, ran DelFix as administrator, and all seemed ok. I've attached the log.

Attachments

• DelFix.txt
    405 bytes · Views: 30

Ed_M1

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2015
Argus, thank you very much for persisting until this cleanup was done. I have made a donation as part of my thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.