Verified
Mar 8, 2013
One more thing to check...

Please go to: VirusTotal
  • Click the Choose File button.
  • Please copy/paste the following text into the 'File name:' box:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Athan\Athan.exe
  • Click Open then click the Scan it! button just below.
  • This will scan the file. Please be patient.
  • If you get a message saying File already analyzed: click Reanalyse
  • Once scanned, copy and paste the URL from your browser address bar in your next reply.

help

Thread author
Nov 26, 2013
Sorry before doing what you just suggested, the ad just started playing again as I was watching a youtube video. But several seconds in, it stopped playing. It seems like it starts playing around this time when I'm on the internet.

help

Thread author
Nov 26, 2013
Here's the link:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/cd76aa778879fe73f423bcb6fa765d8f094d04798b4e2c21cc8cb3690a49a617/analysis/1385932203/

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
As I've said, there is no malware on the system...

I really do not know how to help you, I see nothing unusual in the logs. Maybe if you can to describe that issue more detailed, so I can understand what is going on.

help

Thread author
Nov 26, 2013
Yesterday while I was on google chrome, the ads started playing and so when I closed the browser it stopped playing. So then I uninstalled google chrome and am using firefox now. I also uninstalled java after reading that it can also cause malware to come through. Not sure if that helps with these steps will help with the situation.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
If you are satisfied with Mozilla, then go on, and use it...

If you regulary update Java, chance of infection is minimal, as well as for every exploited software...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.