Open MalwareTips in Safari and tap Share. You may need to open the Page Menu first.
Choose Add to Home Screen. If it is not listed, use Edit Actions to add it.
Keep Open as Web App enabled if shown, then tap Add.
Android
Open MalwareTips in Chrome or another browser that supports app installation.
Open the browser menu and look for Install app, Install and create shortcut, or Add to Home screen.
Choose Install and confirm. Wording varies by browser.
Desktop
Chrome: use the install icon in the address bar, or the menu under Cast, save and share.
Edge: open the menu, then More tools, Apps and Install this site as an app.
Safari on Mac: choose Share or File, then Add to Dock. Firefox on Windows: look for the web apps button in the address bar.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Keep up with your conversations
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sorry before doing what you just suggested, the ad just started playing again as I was watching a youtube video. But several seconds in, it stopped playing. It seems like it starts playing around this time when I'm on the internet.
As I've said, there is no malware on the system...
I really do not know how to help you, I see nothing unusual in the logs. Maybe if you can to describe that issue more detailed, so I can understand what is going on.
Yesterday while I was on google chrome, the ads started playing and so when I closed the browser it stopped playing. So then I uninstalled google chrome and am using firefox now. I also uninstalled java after reading that it can also cause malware to come through. Not sure if that helps with these steps will help with the situation.