Basic Security Captain Awesome's Configuration (2018)

Last updated
Jan 3, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky IS
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Hitman Pro,Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome(x64),uBlock Origin,Popup Blcker(Strict)
Maintenance tools
Shadow Defender,Privacy eraser,Unchecky
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Looks good and secured, both of them. Although it took me a minute reading to catch up and make sure what you had listed was what you were using, with all the removed and added's ;) :)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Kaspersky has the functionalities of Unchecky already btw
B9eZ0I.png

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@Captain Awesome Got tired of ESET's HIPS Interactive Mode? :D It's pretty annoying even if you set it in "Learning mode" for couple of weeks and then to "Interactive Mode" (as suggested by ESET), it still throws tons of HIPS alerts after. However in "Smart Mode" it's pretty friendly, alerting only about suspicious system events. Kaspersky is a good pick, however I would recommend 2018. version over 2017. since it is more lighter, enjoy it. :)

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
@Captain Awesome Got tired of ESET's HIPS Interactive Mode? :D It's pretty annoying even if you set it in "Learning mode" for couple of weeks and then to "Interactive Mode" (as suggested by ESET), it still throws tons of HIPS alerts after. However in "Smart Mode" it's pretty friendly, alerting only about suspicious system events. Kaspersky is a good pick, however I would recommend 2018. version over 2017. since it is more lighter, enjoy it. :)
Is 2018 version final?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.