Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Two tests that provide some insight
  1. https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/android-test-2019-250-apps
  2. https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/mobile-devices/android/january-2020/mcafee-mobile-security-5.4-200213
Comparing with the McAfee official app tested above, the McAfee engine built into Samsung's Device Care won't provide real-time scanning (rather has scheduled scans) and privacy check that their official app does, among other things.
Screenshot_20200419-184528_McAfee Security.jpgScreenshot_20200419-184548_McAfee Security.jpgScreenshot_20200419-185227_McAfee Security.jpg

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

This my Android setup(secondary phone)
Upgrade to Android 10 in future+ monthly security patch update from Google+Samsung 🙂

This is why I love Samsung products ♥
Have you received update of Android 10 because I also have Galaxy A50 but haven't received Android 10 Update yet, still running on Android 9?
Any firewall recommendation for Android?
You are already using Adguard which has Apps Management.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Added: Malwarebytes free (on demand scanner)
After lots of discussion 3 AV product is finalize by me. Kaspersky Mobile Security (paid), malwarebytes free(currently using and much sufficient) & sophos (in my case it is draining my phones battery much faster than expected. In future I may considered it if battery draining issue fixed.)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.