Solved Cassiopesa Search

madmomrr01

Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2015
I did everything like you told me to, and that last time I logged in it was back so I just forwarded all my email to my hotmail account and I logged out of the gmail account. I changed email addresses here and a few other places I have just about decided its in something that is in a folder that was downloaded at the same time that I did the Garmin on Dec. 6th, 2015. I just logged back into the chrome browser that is where I'm at now and when I went to see if the sync data cleared it was all marked again, so I cleared it and the browsing history again.

madmomrr01

Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2015
As long as I go into advanced settings and uncheck all the synced settings then disconnect my google account the tab doesn't show up but the minute I forget to do that it shows up

madmomrr01

Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2015
I show I'm logged into Chrome and there is no extra tab . I haven't download bookmarks or settings.

madmomrr01

Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2015
I downloaded my bookmarks and logged into my google accounton the 4th of January, so far I haven't seen any sign of the cassiopesa search tab. I have noticed that at the top of the page where my name is that it is gray and not blue like it was so maybe that is the reason.

madmomrr01

Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2015
Is there someway I can check to make sure I have gotten rid of the cassiopesa search tab for good?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
We can make one more check:

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition and Shortcut.txt options are checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce three logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt, Shortcut.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach them into your next reply.

madmomrr01

Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2015
Here's the 3 logs

Attachments

• Shortcut.txt
    304.2 KB · Views: 5
  • FRST.txt
    55.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Addition.txt
    41.9 KB · Views: 5

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.