Kaspersky Internet Security
Hitman Pro Alert
VoodooShield beta
Zemana Antilogger Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit Portable
Malwarebytes Antimalware
HitmanPro (scanner included w/HitmanPro Alert)
Zemana
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Cyberfox browser - 64 bit: HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin, NoScript, LastPass, No Small Script, & Theme Font & Size Changer.

Vivaldi - 32 bit: Adguard, uMatrix, & LastPass

IE - Tracking Protection - EasyList, EasyPrivacy, PrivacyChoice, + Stop Google Tracking.

Microsoft Edge: None have yet to be installed
Maintenance tools
CCleaner portable version 525
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Use of Backup software is forthcoming whilst the universe awaits a reasonabley priced external HDD, 'Cmon Santa, you know I'm on your "nice" list! ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is the first configuration entry I've made in a very..very long time!:oops: The sands from the hourglass of my Emsisoft I.S. subscription finally :eek:ran out so striving to be a frugal MalwareTips member, I chose to reactivate Windows Defender & Windows Firewall (Defender seemed much quicker, although "Full Scan" still lived up to being quite "full" in a time wise sense) and I'd switched VoodooShield from "Smart" to "Always On" whilst also spending more time in Shadow Defender's "Shadow Mode"!:cool:
Paranoia also has it's benefits!;):p

Uninstalled: Emsisoft I.S. (it proved a very good run!) :)
..and decided to try a security suite with an equally high reputation.
Installed: Kaspersky Internet Security
Day (2) and I like it!:) I've not noticed any of the heaviness mentioned by some over the years.:rolleyes:

Thank you @Exterminator for setting great examples I'd begun to glean from years ago which are still consistently accurate today!:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.