NEW New CCE UI
NEW Boot logging feature in KillSwitch
NEW “Import Virus Database” feature in CCE
FIXED Defense against ZeroAccess rootkit
FIXED Autorun Analyzer shows “File Not Found” on some system variable paths
FIXED Autorun Analyzer shows only “Scheduled Tasks” entries
FIXED Terminate All Unsafe Processes is not logged
FIXED Some spelling error in GUI
IMPROVED Check UAC/Security Tab/Internet Options/Security Center/etc in Quick Repair of KillSwitch
IMPROVED Use multi-byte charset to reduce log file size
IMPROVED CCE/KillSwitch/Autoruns UI in high DPI
IMPROVED More powerful aggressive mode in CCE
IMPROVED: Fonts and animation improvements in Autoruns UI
IMPROVED Put all data folder into COMODO directory

Download Locations:
http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_2.1.215955.162_x32.zip
http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_2.1.215955.162_x64.zip

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch-cce/comodo-cleaning-essentials-21215955162-beta-released-t78518.0.html

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I might have asked before, what are the difference between using Comodo Cleaning Essentials (ignoring KillSwitch) and Comodo Antivirus?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Earth said:
I might have asked before, what are the difference between using Comodo Cleaning Essentials (ignoring KillSwitch) and Comodo Antivirus?

It's portable, I think it's cleaning skills are still the same as in the CAV.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
If CCE using CAV as the source database. so, CCE is not good to clean the virus from the system. Because, CIS itself is only good at the Defense + feature and Sandbox.
is it true what I said?
I am a little bit hesitate to use the CCE.

thanks. :)

D

Deleted member 178

CCE is the response to CIS average malware removing capacity, the AV module of CCE is identical to the one of CIS (same definition) but CAMAS (Comodo Automated Malware Analysis System) is added on CCE.
The true power behind CCE is Killswitch, it will allow you to remove what the AV module cant. CCE is purely an advanced user apps, you can severely screw your system with Killswitch (via its ability to delete/kill any files/process).

many Comodo's fanboys want CCE to be included in CIS, making CIS the "ultimate" security suite (in their opinion), but it will be (normally) never be done since CIS focus to be user friendly.

D

Deleted member 178

i like the New GUI. the Import Virus Database option is the best add. no need to have download twice the database if CIS is installed on the machine.

this version is clearly for advanced users.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. Updated my toolkit and I can say that this is an improvement over the previous release. From what I know, The cleaning abilities of CCE is much more agressive than CAV and it detects much more changes in the system such as MBR Rootkits.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
CCE is the response to CIS average malware removing capacity, the AV module of CCE is identical to the one of CIS (same definition) but CAMAS (Comodo Automated Malware Analysis System) is added on CCE.
The true power behind CCE is Killswitch, it will allow you to remove what the AV module cant. CCE is purely an advanced user apps, you can severely screw your system with Killswitch (via its ability to delete/kill any files/process).

many Comodo's fanboys want CCE to be included in CIS, making CIS the "ultimate" security suite (in their opinion), but it will be (normally) never be done since CIS focus to be user friendly.

Nicely Said/Explained, but I do not agree with the "fanboy" comment, I feel quite hurt (LOL), and although I do, still agree you are maybe right with it not been added but am sure at least the autoruns will be added.

Besides, from what I gather we already know that Full Virtualization will come in v6 (it's been getting better with each revision to be fair!) as well as Local BB (not confirmed/promised but from good source may happen) so that will defeat the need for it to be included surely??

D

Deleted member 178

AyeAyeCaptain said:
Nicely Said/Explained, but I do not agree with the "fanboy" comment, I feel quite hurt (LOL), and although I do, still agree you are maybe right with it not been added but am sure at least the autoruns will be added.

i dont meant to hurt you :D for the Autorun it should not be added (who knows what some beginners will do clicking on any registry entries), i rather prefer a webguard.

Besides, from what I gather we already know that Full Virtualization will come in v6 (it's been getting better with each revision to be fair!) as well as Local BB (not confirmed/promised but from good source may happen) so that will defeat the need for it to be included surely??

The BB and Full virtualization are very promising. Im not a supporter of CCE included in CIS (unless they do it via an alternative package "for advanced users only")

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
When we use the CIS, and if not yet understand about the operation and menus in CCE. We better learn from comodo Help.
if you do not want to take the risk, beginners can try in a virtual machine (VMware) first. after already understand how to work and others about the product (menu), after you are sure to use CCE, then use on HOST machine.
this for help about CCE.
http://help.comodo.com/topic-119-1-208-2071-Introduction-to-Comodo-Cleaning-Essentials.html

hopefully ALL computer users will know all about it.

D

Deleted member 178

win7holic said:
if you do not want to take the risk, beginners can try in a virtual machine (VMware) first.

Beginners dont have a clue of what is a virtual machine, and they will not know how to install one. Intermediate may do it, not beginners.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think some are confusing the classification of CCE, but I'm no expert myself. I'm just saying what I think.

These so-called "Advanced" users shouldn't need to use CCE, since their current security should be enough to protect them. And if they are using CIS - (where most claim to have top-notch security/prevention against malware) - CCE isn't required.

The way I see it, CCE are a bunch of security tools designed for malware removal, on already infected systems. So it's not meant for advanced users at all.

Btw, good to see an improved GUI. Comodo have always failed to impress with their design, on new-ish products of theirs. :)

D

Deleted member 178

You are right and wrong at same time.

Earth said:
These so-called "Advanced" users shouldn't need to use CCE, since their current security should be enough to protect them. And if they are using CIS - (where most claim to have top-notch security/prevention against malware) - CCE isn't required.

You are right, but killswitch and Autorun are still useful for monitoring.

The way I see it, CCE are a bunch of security tools designed for malware removal, on already infected systems. So it's not meant for advanced users at all.

You are wrong (a bit) : they may use it on their customers/friends/family system ;)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
CCE and KillSwitch are used as tools for recovering a system from a serious infection so it is still needed in such situations.

Morphius

Level 1
Sep 13, 2011
Valentin N said:
Earth said:

No.
CCE has MBR scanner, better disk access methods (more agressive) it can detect changes made to system settings, more aggressive removal methods and i believe tons of other improvments in cleaning over CAV.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Morphius said:
Valentin N said:
Earth said:

No.
CCE has MBR scanner, better disk access methods (more agressive) it can detect changes made to system settings, more aggressive removal methods and i believe tons of other improvments in cleaning over CAV.

Welcome, nice to see you here :)

I now know I hope CCE's engine replaces CAV current engine

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:

Yes, the focus of CCE is dealing with infected systems.

Yes, it's intended for advanced users. Much like other powerful infection removal tools, a novice can do more harm than good when trying to repair a heavily infected system.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
AyeAyeCaptain said:

i dont meant to hurt you :D for the Autorun it should not be added (who knows what some beginners will do clicking on any registry entries), i rather prefer a webguard.

The BB and Full virtualization are very promising. Im not a supporter of CCE included in CIS (unless they do it via an alternative package "for advanced users only")

I was going to suggest/comment on there been two options on install, but I doubt this would happen? Or would it, as they currently do the custom install option at the moment which has been quite confusing for the people who did not want GeekBuddy installed.

D

Deleted member 178

I dont think CCE will be added, it will bloat CIS, add lot of dangerous features, will scorch the head of the developers for make all those features available in one light application. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.