WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
RE: CCleaner 3.12.1572

AyeAyeCaptain said:
Have used CCleaner for a long time, very good program indeed.. very light also.

It is also very good, Piriform is honest in the developement of CCleaner and their other products.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
AyeAyeCaptain said:
Have used CCleaner for a long time, very good program indeed.. very light also.

It is also very good, Piriform is honest in the developement of CCleaner and their other products.

Also use Speccy too, lovely little thing, beats SpeedFan in my opinion, shame it always triggeres Comodo off with FP though. I recently reported (on official forums)the latest version as FP and also asked for some insight/clarification as to why it always comes up FP.

Recieved no response as of yet.. time will tell. :D

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

AyeAyeCaptain said:
Also use Speccy too, lovely little thing, beats SpeedFan in my opinion, shame it always triggeres Comodo off with FP though. I recently reported (on official forums)the latest version as FP and also asked for some insight/clarification as to why it always comes up FP.

Recieved no response as of yet.. time will tell. :D

Speccy?? I love this product. I use it since 0.75 years ago :p

D

Deleted member 178

btw this latest release was flagged by Webroot SA as a virus :D, a FP i submit to them.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

umbrapolaris said:
btw this latest release was flagged by Webroot SA as a virus :D, a FP i submit to them.

lol :D It thinks that it deletes its program files :p

LochNess

Apr 2, 2011

I've been using 'Ccleaner-Slim'... it doesn't have 'compacted' promo offers (otherwise, the same)... It generally becomes available a few days after the primary 'Ccleaner' is offered... It can be found on Piriform Site as alternate 'Build'...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

One feature I really want them to add is a built-in updater.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Earth said:

Now that is a very nice idea, nice thought... whether it will happen at some point is another story. :shy:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

LochNess said:
I've been using 'Ccleaner-Slim'... it doesn't have 'compacted' promo offers (otherwise, the same)... It generally becomes available a few days after the primary 'Ccleaner' is offered... It can be found on Piriform Site as alternate 'Build'...

I used Slim version before, however the standard installation doesn't appear any promotion packages so for me its safely to install it.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011

The only offers ive seen from them is either google toolbar or google chrome but it never comes up for me anymore, maybe because im using google chrome

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

imsoadude said:
The only offers ive seen from them is either google toolbar or google chrome but it never comes up for me anymore, maybe because im using google chrome

No, I think they've stopped this type of advertisement in their products.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Earth said:

Yes, I have requested that before. Awhile back a third-party developer made an auto updater but over some license dispute had to abandoned the project.

Don't worry about having to install the slim version, CCleaner standard only comes bundled with Google Chrome, if you already have Google Chrome installed then you want get anything else with the standard installer. Of coarse it is very easy to opt out Google Chrome, if you don't want it.

Thanks.:D

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
If you like ccleaner you should addon the enhancer from singular labs.
http://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I really like Ccleaner. I often use it to clean garbage files and clean errors in Windows Registry.

And I use it to delete almost all system restore point. In this is software is good that the last system restore point stay.

In this regard Auslogics Boost Speed is worse than Ccleaner because it delete all system restore point. :/

It is very dangerous.

CCleaner is very good software. :)

Geni

Jan 26, 2012
Crap Cleaner is really good cleaner, especially with CCEnhancer, but I would not recommend using it's registry cleaner!

Maybe you heard for piece of software called SlimCleaner
Code:
http://www.slimcleaner.com/features.php
very good rated in PCMag ["...PCMag favourite new tune-up utility."],
Cnet ["...presents a power user's dream of useful Windows cleaning tools while rolling in some crowdsourcing to help you make sure you're not making mistakes. " ],
PCWorld["Anyone who wants to keep their PC in tip-top shape could benefit from SlimCleaner. It offers some tools that CCleaner doesn't... " ], etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.