Valid points.What CCeaner collects (though is still sadly the best cleaner around bar for Wise365) is small fry to Microsoft & Google's accumulation of data. I've decided to continue to use CCleaner regardless.
Gone to use the Slim version. Blocked CCupdate in AppGuard.
I'm still thinking about it. I have reservations about them using Google Analytics. If Avast was doing their analytics in-house, it would put more meat behind their claim of "clarity" about info they gather... but @Music4Ever has valid points. So? I'll get back to you....
Ccleaner is one of my best system utilities apps I use it since a long time ago and it performs best for me.Changelog:
v5.46.6652 (30 Aug 2018)
- Added a separate control for the reporting of anonymous usage data
- Added a link to a Data Factsheet (CCleaner.com - Data Factsheet), which explains the data reported from CCleaner, why it’s reported, and what it’s used for
- Renamed the ‘Monitoring’ feature to ‘Smart Cleaning’, to better describe its function (intelligent cleaning alerts)
- Reworded checkboxes for clarity
- If Smart Cleaning is disabled, CCleaner’s background process will close and the feature will not run on startup
- Restored previous System Tray and minimize behavior
- Fixed various stability issues
Source: CCleaner - Version History
Download: CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Moonhorse do you use Ccleaner?I am using Wise Disk Cleaner, since yesterday after downloading the new version, keep getting alerts from Adwcleaner flag it as PUP Optional Legacy Wise Euask.Updated, privacy settings enabled by ccleaner after update. Had to turn data gathering off manually
EUASK is a separate program included with Wise Disk Cleaner, which is accessed from the Assistance button. It's harmless, but could safely be removed if you never use it, although there's not much point doing so.[I am using Wise Disk Cleaner, since yesterday after downloading the new version, keep getting alerts from Adwcleaner flag it as PUP Optional Legacy Wise Euask.
It wasn't able to download the payload, so didn't cause any issues. That is not a good reason to stop using it, in my opinion. But I can understand people no longer using it, due to of the ads.Then they had that Trojan last year.