Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Changelog:
----------------------
v5.46.6652 (30 Aug 2018)
Privacy Settings
- Added a separate control for the reporting of anonymous usage data
- Added a link to a Data Factsheet (CCleaner.com - Data Factsheet), which explains the data reported from CCleaner, why it’s reported, and what it’s used for

Smart Cleaning
- Renamed the ‘Monitoring’ feature to ‘Smart Cleaning’, to better describe its function (intelligent cleaning alerts)
- Reworded checkboxes for clarity
- If Smart Cleaning is disabled, CCleaner’s background process will close and the feature will not run on startup

General
- Restored previous System Tray and minimize behavior
- Fixed various stability issues

----------------------

Source: CCleaner - Version History
Download: CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

True and especially when using TeamViewer.

Discuss - How CCleaner Got Hacked...

Well then you can say the same thing about Bitdefender, Kaspersky, and surely others... because they've all been hacked. And they continue to be targeted, hacked and compromised on an ongoing basis. What you don't know are the extent of such attacks because you only know what they tell you - that's if they tell you anything at all.

Despite this truth, their products continue to be used widely.

So it's kind of funny that people focus so heavily upon what happened to CCleaner. Looks like the IT security news did it's job and scared the crap out of people to the extent that the CCleaner hack is etched on the insides of their skulls.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

So it's kind of funny that people focus so heavily upon what happened to CCleaner. Looks like the IT security news did it's job and scared the crap out of people to the extent that the CCleaner hack is etched on the insides of their skulls.
I never was worried about it and will continue to use it. Not at any point have I had advertisements with CC. Then again I have the paid PRO version.

L

Local Host

I never was worried about it and will continue to use it. Not at any point have I had advertisements with CC. Then again I have the paid PRO version.
I'm on the same train, I still have CC Pro blocked on the Firewall though (it doesn't need Internet in the first place).
Funnily enough my partner laptop has CC Free and has no ads nor popups either, so blocking CCleaner in the Firewall should be enough to get rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.