Ccleaner Infected - How to make sure PC is clean?

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
today i read about
Piriform - Security Notification for CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 for 32-bit Windows users
&
Piriform - Security Notification for CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 for 32-bit Windows users

eset detects only from today with Update signature 16099 @ 2017-09-18 as
Win32/CCleaner.A
Win32/CCleaner.B

but detects only the old ccleaner installers
i read about ->
Affected systems need to be restored to a state before August 15, 2017 or reinstalled
today it's 18 ,September ,it's a month
i can't restore an image on 4 machines

what can i do ?
i tried malwarebyte , a full scan , all clean
is there a way to check if i have this malware ,i know about the registry ?
is there something more deep?
have you restored an image?

about virus b.->Virus Bulletin :: Malicious CCleaner update points to a major weakness in our infrastructure

thanks

L S

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Infected file ccleaner is scaned only on Virus Total & By our Antimalware and Antivirus Softwares ...... I don't know about deep scan on a virtual machines - at least not here ..... till now. :/

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
contradiction multiplied by 2 :

Yes, i agree, the damage is done, just uninstall it, so there will be no more damages.

if the damage is done uninstalling it is not going to undo that damage. the malware has infiltrated the system.

Just an assumption, no source....nada, zip...
But that doesn't mean it's not correct.

how on earth is an assumption correct? please do not mislead other users with your assumptions.

I just read the reports, that's all

from what you read you came to this conclusion :

All you have to do is uninstall CCleaner, and you are good.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
contradiction multiplied by 2 :

if the damage is done uninstalling it is not going to undo that damage. the malware has infiltrated the system.

how on earth is an assumption correct? please do not mislead other users with your assumptions.
By infiltrated the system, surely u mean collected data & stuff cause nobody else reported otherwise that this malware backdoor did any actual harm to their system.
So by uninstalling, no MORE damage (by damage i mean data collection) can be done.

If i am wrong, please enlighten us, what should be done?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.