Advice Request CCleaner trust poll

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Will you continue to use CCleaner?

• Yes

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Yes, but now with delay and doubt

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
you think piriform is gonna tell you " hello mr. mundkur, kind attention please we will be slipping floxif in your computer now "

Right, and you believe they'd slip in floxif or some other malware deliberately. Interesting. :)

Reactions: Behold Eck

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017

Yes, I have followed that thread and related threads on other sites. The key word I believe is 'deliberately'. Their installer was hacked by someone whether inside or outside the company.

My Piriform installer was digitally signed on 16th March 2016 and all subsequent updates have been automatic via the internet. I do not deny that there is a chance, however small, my PC MAY have had the trojan ( and if did it's no longer there) but to say they'd do something like this deliberately is doubtful.

Last edited:

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
just one question, would any company caught in the act red handed admit they did it intentionally? it is easier to blame a hacker or a breach. this is exactly what they survive on, gullible & above all forgiving people like yourself. i wish you luck with the companies you trust.

You're actually suggesting they'd do this deliberately. Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. Anyway, the software has been uninstalled so debating this any further is a moot point.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I still trust CCleaner and will continue to use it for a great deal. Bundled software can be easily not installed if the user either looks them self in the downloader or uses Unchecky. :)

Reactions: ispx
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I've been using the built-in clean-up maintenance for Win 8.1, and installed a free version of CCleaner only a few days ago because I thought it could help with optimization. I'll probably stick with the built-in option.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I had a lifetime key for many years and swore by this product, after they sold I uninstalled and went to the Cybertronsoft solution
"Privacy Eraser" and have not looked back, I think you can guess what I voted ;)
I use it for the automated browser cleaning, which is what I used Ccleaner for.
Link: Privacy Eraser: 1-click browsing history deletion, PC optimization & more
From one Ex-Ccleaner fan to another, try this and you will thank me. PeAcE

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.