Advice Request CCleaner trust poll

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Will you continue to use CCleaner?

• Yes

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Yes, but now with delay and doubt

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plat1098

ccelaner alternatives
- diskmax: I rate it very high if we enable deepscan (disabled by default with caution). It can clean hundreds of MBs more after we clean up with Ccleaner and wise disk cleaner, not all the time
- wise disk cleaner: very good also, can clean something that diskmax and ccleaner+CCE can't
- privazer: cleans the least amount of trash. Has a valuable option to clean obsolete prefetch files => can speed up the PC. Otherwise, it's average

Thank you for this valuable information. I will make a selection of one to use in conjunction with Windows built-in. Windows Automatic Maintenance is run anyway every couple of weeks, and after those "smashing" cumulative updates. @ispx : I use Windows disk defrag, no third party. It's fine. :)

Edit: I've uninst. CC and installed the Wise Disk Cleaner 9. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
Which CCleaner is still good/useable, this things do happen even to the best, i will prob use it still,but be cautious.

Reactions: frogboy

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
nothing from piriform is use able (n)

can you enlighten me too about the ' cautious ' part, please?

@Sunshine-boy, thank you :)
Cautious was the best word i could have thought of due to this happening to a company/program that a ton of people use everyday, i would say stay cautious since this can happen again, which again could happen under the radar, but if you see something suspicious you can look into it like this person did,etc My Online Security on Twitter

wrong, this has been going on since 3 years now :

Malwr - Malware Analysis by Cuckoo Sandbox
Thank you for clarifying me on that then :)

Even Microsoft OS was hacked many times.They pachup every time.:p
True :X3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
a ton of gullible people were scammed since years.

why would you want to use a malicious program again? i would advise you to steer clear of everything piriform, just my two cents :)
Which is true, just some people will continue to use CCleaner after this, which ill go against what i said before and probably just uninstall it due to me using Wise Care365 or Glary Utilities (I use both but use a certain one for different computers with different conditions,etc)

Reactions: uninfected1

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
In a blog post, Piriform confirmed that two programmes released in August were compromised. It advised users of CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191 to download new versions. It did not disclose how many users were affected.

Piriform said Avast, its new parent company, had uncovered the attacks on September 12. A new, uncompromised version of CCleaner was released the same day and a clean version of CCleaner Cloud was released on September 15, it said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.