Advice Request CCleaner trust poll

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Will you continue to use CCleaner?

• Yes

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Yes, but now with delay and doubt

Votes: 26 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I will not use Ccleaner becaus it make my system unstable during the last 2 or 3 clean install new PC.

My PC is perfect without any tools like Ccleaner.
There are so many ways to damage your registry it's not even funny, and there is no performance gain to be had!;)
Only time it may be necessary is when reinstalling or updating certain types of software like Adobe or Autodesk products to name a few!:)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Even the latest version comes bundled!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
IEZkCA1.png

If you must use go with portable version!:)

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I use a portable CCleaner. It is a pretty old version 5.21.
As I know that was never happened to Piriform before. But since Avast has acquired it happens. Because Avast wants to be a king of the world acquiring AVG and Piriform. However maybe I am wrong. But if Kaspersky acquired a Piriform it couldn't be happen I guess :)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
View attachment 167469
Picture 1 is From bleepingcomputer
View attachment 167470

Picture 2 is from my PC Registry Editor

What can I do ??? ....... Can I Delete this manualy ? - BTW I Run Antimalware & Antivirus Scans !
Delete the "Agomo" entry and:
How do I remove the Floxif or CCleaner Malware?
The malware was embedded in the CCleaner executable itself. Updating CCleaner to v5.34 removes the old executable and the malware. CCleaner does not have an auto-update system, so users must download and install CCleaner 5.34 manually.

CCleaner Malware Incident - What You Need to Know and How to Remove

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
avast bundles software, piriform has been bundling software. i rest my case.

Hmm, nothing bundled in the Piriform CCleaner 'Pro' installer that I downloaded. It had built-in installers for Piriform's home use programs i.e. CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy.

Maybe a licensed copy installer does not have any those add-ons. As for AVAST, well, it's not a program I'd use for an AV solution hence never tried it.

Reactions: L S
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.