• Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
can not update
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
turned off all security software
For the first time when I open CC and it give me the message a new version is available , when I go to update, it shows an error. anyone eels seething on the new build?

ScreenHunter_110 Jun. 26 14.44.jpg

Reactions: Weebarra

Klappis

Level 1
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
This is false. It was temporarily malware and it has been fixed since. They've also analyzed the attack and determined that it was stopped before the stage 3 keylogger payload could be deployed.

It showed they didn't take their security serious enough and risked all their users being infected. Never use a product from Piriform again!

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Wise Disk Cleaner and Privacy Eraser get my vote for CCleaner alternative. In addition, you can use the built in Windows Disk Clean up which is more safer and reliable. I don't trust registry cleaner feature from any of these 3rd cleaner software because I have no idea what they are cleaning and why these keys detected need to be clean.

Upvote 0

Klappis

Level 1
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Do they have a portable version?

Thanks but this Wilse Disk Cleaner is almost as malware as CCleaner. It added a context menu without even asking and that was from the portable version. Who's the developers behind this?

It seems very suspicious! Even had a ad-popper running javascript which crashed after closing the program.

Upvote 0

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
portableapps are a very reputable source. Seems very unlike portableapps to bundle other aspects into it's downloaders.

~LDogg

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.