Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
CCleaner v5.71.7971:
The update includes cleaning improvements to Spotify and Firefox cleaning and all users can now opt out of offers for other products.

Cleaning
  • Firefox internet cache cleaning now includes startup cache
  • New! Added cleaning for Spotify to clean cached songs (but not your saved songs for offline use)
Privacy Settings
  • All users can now opt out of offers for other products
Changelog:
CCleaner - Download Builds (portable and slim):

Mountainking

Level 2
It's been a while since I've used CCleaner (since all the problems they had bundling mining software, installers etc). I'm glad they made me switch to puran utilities :) It was great when it was once lean and clean. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole nowadays!

Thanks for sharing :p
edit: Some links for the sake of completeness.

Mountainking

Level 2
I've used CCleaner almost from day one - I use the pay version & I'm aware of the issues last year but as things are I'm happy with it, I also run Wise 365 occasionally but for for running a quick clean it still can't be beaten - (I suspect some may disagree)

Just had a look at the pricing. Looks a bit steep to me for a recurring yearly lincense at $ 19.95 :)

Cortex

Level 23
Verified
Just had a look at the pricing. Looks a bit steep to me for a recurring yearly lincense at $ 19.95 :)
I didn't pay that, they do offers I think i paid £14:40 same in $ Of course its personal choice to pay for software when there is free around? Me? I don't mind paying if it's what I want.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Lenny_Fox

Level 14
Verified
🙃 The equal worth theory states that people tend to spend their income approximately getting an equal worth out of every dollar/euro/yen/dinar/roepie/yuan/your local currency they spend.

So with my income it feels awkward to spend as much for a Operating System as a cleaning utility. I know digital licenses are a bit taggy, but as long as they work I will be using them (I also have a cheap 25 euro MS Office license).

Cleaner was the reason I became interested in Security, because I used the infected version of CCleaner until Avast free told me I was okay (not having stage 2 infection signs) using CCleaner.

I may have over reacted, but CCleaner and Avast a re a no go for me.

Last edited:

Mountainking

Level 2
I didn't pay that, they do offers I think i paid £14:40 same in $ Of course its personal choice to pay for software when there is free around? Me? I don't mind paying if it's what I want.

Heh not necessarily free. I won't use free that has ads (bandizip as example) or other craps (phoning home etc). I then prefer to shop for a paid software that will fill my needs at a reasonable price. In this instance, it was puran utilities! I do have many other paid softwares WHEN the free alternatives is not worth the hassle or not up to the level.

Reactions: Cortex