Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
CCleaner v5.71.7971:
The update includes cleaning improvements to Spotify and Firefox cleaning and all users can now opt out of offers for other products.

Cleaning
  • Firefox internet cache cleaning now includes startup cache
  • New! Added cleaning for Spotify to clean cached songs (but not your saved songs for offline use)
Privacy Settings
  • All users can now opt out of offers for other products
Changelog:
CCleaner - Download Builds (portable and slim):

Mountainking

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
It's been a while since I've used CCleaner (since all the problems they had bundling mining software, installers etc). I'm glad they made me switch to puran utilities :) It was great when it was once lean and clean. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole nowadays!

Thanks for sharing :p
edit: Some links for the sake of completeness.

Mountainking

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
I've used CCleaner almost from day one - I use the pay version & I'm aware of the issues last year but as things are I'm happy with it, I also run Wise 365 occasionally but for for running a quick clean it still can't be beaten - (I suspect some may disagree)

Just had a look at the pricing. Looks a bit steep to me for a recurring yearly lincense at $ 19.95 :)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Just had a look at the pricing. Looks a bit steep to me for a recurring yearly lincense at $ 19.95 :)
I didn't pay that, they do offers I think i paid £14:40 same in $ Of course its personal choice to pay for software when there is free around? Me? I don't mind paying if it's what I want.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
🙃 The equal worth theory states that people tend to spend their income approximately getting an equal worth out of every dollar/euro/yen/dinar/roepie/yuan/your local currency they spend.

So with my income it feels awkward to spend as much for a Operating System as a cleaning utility. I know digital licenses are a bit taggy, but as long as they work I will be using them (I also have a cheap 25 euro MS Office license).

Cleaner was the reason I became interested in Security, because I used the infected version of CCleaner until Avast free told me I was okay (not having stage 2 infection signs) using CCleaner.

I may have over reacted, but CCleaner and Avast a re a no go for me.

Last edited:

Mountainking

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
I didn't pay that, they do offers I think i paid £14:40 same in $ Of course its personal choice to pay for software when there is free around? Me? I don't mind paying if it's what I want.

Heh not necessarily free. I won't use free that has ads (bandizip as example) or other craps (phoning home etc). I then prefer to shop for a paid software that will fill my needs at a reasonable price. In this instance, it was puran utilities! I do have many other paid softwares WHEN the free alternatives is not worth the hassle or not up to the level.

Reactions: Cortex

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Both free and paid versions are a waste of time and money.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.