-Authy
-Grammarly
-LastPass
Maintenance tools
IObit Uninstaller (Licensed)
A

Alkajak

Thread author
Pretty solid configuration. Since you have Zemana licensed already, I would active real-time and Pandora for maximum protection.

You also want to uninstall Driver Booster 3 yesterday. Windows Updates and manufacturer driver support sites are the only places you should be sourcing ANY driver software.

Reactions: Logethica and 37507

Thread author
Pretty solid configuration. Since you have Zemana licensed already, I would active real-time and Pandora for maximum protection.

You also want to uninstall Driver Booster 3 yesterday. Windows Updates and manufacturer driver support sites are the only places you should be sourcing ANY driver software.
Thanks!

I know IObit isn't the best software developer, but Driver Booster works well for me.

Reactions: Logethica
A

Alkajak

Thread author
Thanks!

I know IObit isn't the best software developer, but Driver Booster works well for me.

No, you seem to misunderstand. These "driver updates" from Driver Booster are not always from the actual manufacturer, and they are sometimes for the wrong product entirely. I used to be licensed to DriverMax years ago, and I bricked my PC multiple times with false third-party driver updates. This isn't about good software development or not, iObit is great with some of their products like iObit Uninstaller. Driver update software, on the other hand, can be incredibly harmful to the point of having to reformat your PC. If you choose to continue using the software, that will be up to you, but the facts and personal experiences are laid out all over the internet. All you have to do is use your trusty pal, Google, and read some reviews yourself while being open-minded.

Reactions: Logethica and 37507

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
If f-secure doesn't have exploit protection you should add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

Reactions: 37507

Thread author
Updated!

Don't have a 2nd Opinion Scanner as I feel using both Emsisoft Anti-Malware AND Malwarebytes Anti-Malware would make a 2nd opinion scanner unnecessary. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Please don't recommend backups as I keep important files in the cloud. Any other feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Very good and strong config.
For extra protection you can add if you want Shadow Defender(paid) or Sandboxie (free or paid).
You can also add an anti-exe like Voodooshield.
These are just my suggestions. Your config is already very good.
Thanks for sharing.

Thread author
-Added GlassWire (Licensed)
-Added Heimdal Security (Licensed)

Very good and strong config.
For extra protection you can add if you want Shadow Defender(paid) or Sandboxie (free or paid).
You can also add an anti-exe like Voodooshield.
These are just my suggestions. Your config is already very good.
Thanks for sharing.

I tried VoodooShield and NoVirusThanks Exe Radar, but I'm not sure I like anti-exe programs. I plan on adding Sandboxie soon though. Thanks again!

Thread author
Updated! Any feedback is appreciated!

-Removed Glasswire
-Removed Heimdal Security
-Removed CCleaner
-Added Trojan Remover as an "On Demand Scanner"
-Added IObit Uninstaller
-Switched from Ublock Origin to Adguard

I plan on adding Sandboxie and finding a backup solution soon! Please note I'm not a fan of anti-exe programs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.