- Content source
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdV8bczSApE&feature=youtu.be
(note: the result is identical even with early Warning Scoring is enabled).
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
(note: the result is identical even with early Warning Scoring is enabled).
yeah sophos is no way top tier. Also hitman pro was stronger when it had also B and K engines integrated.Is Sophos considered as a top AV at the first place to consider using an on-demand scanner using its engine?
I cannot recall Sophos mentioned on MT to be used frequently; K, B, ESET, Avast, Norton, AVG, and McAfee are.
But currently it has not, so it is not comparable to K on-deman scanner.yeah sophos is no way top tier. Also hitman pro was stronger when it had also B and K engines integrated.
The problem is, that it can be used to detect, but not to remove malware after 30 days. It seems, that it still applies.I cannot recall Sophos mentioned on MT to be used frequently
I do not believe on-demand scanners can do better job than full AV.The problem is, that it can be used to detect, but not to remove malware after 30 days. Not sure, if it still applies.
Otherwise it is a good fast scanner (1 min), like NPE, along with VT uploads, it can provide some useful insights.
After NPE discontinuation only KVRT is a decent scanner left. Does it still struggle against swollen files?


That is not a good idea, AV might prevent further infection, but between uninstallation and installation of another AV, malware can spread and even block installation of AV.while if using a 3rd party AV, I will uninstall and install another AV, then examine all the drives.
Actually in case if I suspect I have got infected PC (by the way, never happened before, and pray to God not to happen), I would not do either, I will simple reinstall Windows in less than 10 minutes.In case a serious infection or when looking for an alternative scan, it is better to use a bootable AV then.
Actually in case if I suspect I have got infected PC (by the way, never happened before, and pray to God not to happen), I would not do either, I will simple reinstall Windows in less than 10 minutes.
That will not make sure that backups are clean nor that BIOS was not compromised. It is still better to scan beforehand to know what you are dealing with, then reinstall.I will simple reinstall Windows in less than 10 minutes.
And does not provide a "real" benefit.However, performing an on-demand scan every now and then does no harm.![]()
KVRT does the same...P.S.: This is why I like Dr.WEB CureIt! It uses a randomized unsigned exe, so it can not be easily blocked.
I do not back up frequently, only if a new file is added or a file is changed, let's say every few months.That will not make sure that backups are clean nor that BIOS was not compromised
Although 2 of the files were indeed Scriptors, the 2 Stealers were exe's.HitmanPro is only good for PE files (EXE, DLL etc.). It won’t detect malicious scripts like .bat or .ps1. Pure script-based attacks go undetected.
No no I was just speaking in general for people who aren’t aware. That’s why I dislike HitmanPro.Although 2 of the files were indeed Scriptors, the 2 Stealers were exe's.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes