Advice Request changes made to way kaspersky handles applications

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
In future versions of Kaspersky internet security/total security I would like to see changes made to way kaspersky handles appcations as I have set my KIS set to block untrusted applications and I also have the trust digital Signatures turned off for extra protection as sometimes digital Signatures can be fake or affected by malware etc currently when these options are active kaspersky will quite offen block trusted applications/installers and it can be quite annoying as the only way to allow a trusted installer/applications with these options active is to toggle the trust digital Signatures setting on and off or change the appcation control settings and if kaspersky has alreadly blocked the installer/application from running you have to open up the main user interface click on more tools then appcation control then you have scroll down the list until you come to the untrusted area then you have to select on the app you want to trust and move to the trusted area by hand. so I would like to see a way for Kaspersky to be able to identify the difference between a good installer/ application or a bad one without having to change the settings all the time. for example, KIS could use the cloud a bit more as well as the Kaspersky security network to determine if the installer or app being run is safe to run or not and maybe this would also improve the detection rates for unknown files as well help those users who like some of the more advanced options enabled without having to these features on and off all the time.
tell me what you think of this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.