Advice Request Changes to 360 Total Security

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
So I was maraunding arround this software, and decided to install it on a friend's laptop (who brought it to me for repair). After some configuring I found out two things:

1. 360 does no longer offer the "Essential" package, meaning you have to install it with all the useless crap like Disk Cleaner and StartUp Optimizer.
2. 360 no longer offers Avira and BitDefender engines for scanning.

How long has this been like this? Is this antivirus no longer recommended?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I found the product irritating. There's no "standard" free trial. If yyou want to test the premium suite, you must:

1. Referr to a friend
2. Download affiliated software (some shady VPN, Opera, etc)
  • If you stay free, the "promotions" to do the aforementioned pop up a lot.
  • A standard PC check also makes use of the bloatware, like startup optimizer, disk cleaner, etc.
  • The amount of "tools" you can download for the "antivirus" is huge and unnecessary, but luckily they're on-demand, meaning you can just avoid installing them.
  • There's no way to uninstall built-in bloatware.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I found the product irritating. There's no "standard" free trial. If yyou want to test the premium suite, you must
There is no trial cause the premium version offers the same protection as the free version. The only difference between the free and paid version is that there are no popups and other promotions within the program. I'm currently installing it on my test system and will check it out.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Made a quick test with a Vjw0rm sample. By default the protection is set to performance, I changed it to "balanced" which sounds like the best option for the average user.

Update:
Update.PNG

Static:
Static.PNG

Dynamic:
Dynamic.png

Second Opinion Scanners:
Second opinion scanners.png

--> Infected

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.