Troubleshoot cheap motherboard with many PCI slots

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello, I am looking for a cheap motherboard with many pci slots to put the video board a network board and a sound board. I have memory dd4 and an i-7770. What do you recomend me?. Thank you very much. Greetings.

Reactions: SumTingWong

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Do you really mean PCI or do you mean PCIe (PCI Express)? Despite their similar names, they are totally different.
And note if you actually have such PCI cards, they clearly must be pretty old since the PCI interface has been around for over 25 years!

This matters because even a cheap motherboard will most likely have a faster network interface card, better sound and since the CPU already has integrated graphics, a compatible motherboard will provide better graphics.

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you very much for the reply. If you have at least 3 of both (PCIe-PCI), it would be ideal.

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I have the video on the motherboard which is the Intel® HD Graphics 630. What cheap video card would be better than the one that already comes with the computer? Thank you very much. Greetings.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Thank you very much for the reply. If you have at least 3 of both (PCIe-PCI), it would be ideal.
I know of no such motherboard. As I noted, PCI is very old and is almost completely phased out. IF you can find a motherboard that supports PCI anymore, most likely it will only have 1 PCI slot.

Note the i7-7770 uses the LGA1151 CPU socket. That means you MUST buy a motherboard with the 1151 socket to use that CPU. As seen here, Newegg sells 68 ATX boards with the 1151 socket but none (that I see) have even 1 PCI slot.
I have the video on the motherboard which is the Intel® HD Graphics 630. What cheap video card would be better than the one that already comes with the computer? Thank you very much. Greetings.
What motherboard? Understand the Intel 630 is really a pretty good solution for integrated graphics, as seen here. Without you stating a budget, I don't think you are going to find a "cheap" video card that beats the 630.

What is your goal here? If you are looking to improve performance, maybe you should look at adding more RAM. Or going SSD. Regardless what you do, going back to a PCI card is likely to degrade performance.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.