Advice Request Checking few Gmail accounts only with Firefox is better?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Hi. I want to often check few of my Gmail accounts, but not in Edge. Because in the stable Edge, I have set only three Gmail accounts I check.
I don't have Google Chrome installed.
Is Firefox better option for this?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack and plat

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@Telos It seems it doesn't support POP? What about Mozilla Thunderbird program for Windows? Does it support POP?

Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi. I want to often check few of my Gmail accounts, but not in Edge. Because in the stable Edge, I have set only three Gmail accounts I check.
I don't have Google Chrome installed.
Is Firefox better option for this?
Thank you.
Yes, Firefox is a good alternative to Microsoft Edge for accessing your Gmail accounts. Firefox is a popular and reliable web browser developed by Mozilla. It is known for its performance, security features, and privacy-focused options.

You can use Firefox to access and manage multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously. To do this, you can either use the built-in container feature or install a browser extension called "Multi-Account Containers." This feature allows you to separate your browsing sessions, making it easier to manage different Gmail accounts without the need to constantly log in and out.

To get started, follow these steps:

1. Download and install Firefox from the official website: Download the fastest Firefox ever
  2. Launch Firefox and open Gmail (https://mail.google.com) in a new tab.
  3. Log in to one of your Gmail accounts.
  4. If you want to use the built-in container feature, right-click on the "+" sign next to your open tabs and select "Open new container tab" > "Personal," "Work," or any other container you'd like to use for a different Gmail account.
  5. Open Gmail in the new container tab and log in to your second Gmail account.
To further enhance your multi-account browsing experience, you can install the "Multi-Account Containers" extension:

1. Go to the Firefox Add-ons page: Firefox Multi-Account Containers – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)
  2. Click "Add to Firefox" and follow the prompts to install the extension.
  3. Once installed, click the "Multi-Account Containers" icon in the Firefox toolbar.
  4. Configure your containers as needed, and use them to access your different Gmail accounts simultaneously.
Using Firefox with container support or the "Multi-Account Containers" extension will allow you to manage multiple Gmail accounts in separate browsing sessions, making it easier to keep track of your accounts without the need to install another web browser like Google Chrome.

Reactions: amirr and Jack

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I decided to be minimalist and only have three Gmail. Thats it. Forget the rest.
While it's good to cut down on online accounts and clutter my advice to people out there is to register a new email account like your.name@emailproviderofchoice.com for every free and if you have the money paid email services. Do the same for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn, and for WhatApp & Telegram usernames. You do not have to be active (some email services delete accounts after 6 months) but it stops name squatting and people impersonating you or doing something much worse with your identity.

It's difficult to juggle accounts (password managers help) but data and your identity are king in today's world. I would much rather have done as much as I could and sign up for email accounts and services to protect my identity than nothing. Off course it's more attack surface but if you don't use it then you won't get hacked or even phishing emails, just keep 1 or 2 or 3 main accounts active. The problem is remembering or managing passwords but that's a solvable problem.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
You can also use the multi-account container addon (as mentioned earlier), a speed dial like Group Speed Dial, and a bookmarklet to contain a bookmark:

That is,

Create three containers, one for each Gmail account.

Go to the first container, log in to Gmail using the first account, and then run the bookmarklet to creat a bookmark. Copy the URL and create an entry in the speed dial. Do the same for the other two accounts.

You can also just bookmark the URL if you don't want to use a speed dial.

Finally, you can do the same for Proton and other platforms where you want to use more than one account.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.