New Update Chrome History Cleaner - Removed from Chrome Web Store!!

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
FYI,

The mentioned extension is NO longer in Chrome Web Store. Not sure why.

If I'm not wrong browsing history cannot be completely cleared in Chrome similar to that of Ungoogled Chromium (by Eloston). Google did it on purpose the last I read on the net. Brave has no issue on browsing history clearing.

The advantage of this extension is that it clears browsing history at 1 minute minimum setting automatically unlike others which either you need to click a button or clear browsing history after you exit the browser like Auto History Wipe extension.

I'm still using it though, and I have the unpacked files as well.

Could it be because of its ability to clear browser history automatically that's why it's being removed? Another similar case to ClearURLs?

Anyone knows the exact reason?

1618802138456.png

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Not sure if this is the same extension.
hc.jpg

Edit
Ok not the same extension but it also has the ability to clear history after a period of time. But yes you have to click a button.
hcp.jpg

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
FYI,

The mentioned extension is NO longer in Chrome Web Store. Not sure why.

If I'm not wrong browsing history cannot be completely cleared in Chrome similar to that of Ungoogled Chromium (by Eloston). Google did it on purpose the last I read on the net. Brave has no issue on browsing history clearing.

The advantage of this extension is that it clears browsing history at 1 minute minimum setting automatically unlike others which either you need to click a button or clear browsing history after you exit the browser like Auto History Wipe extension.

I'm still using it though, and I have the unpacked files as well.

Could it be because of its ability to clear browser history automatically that's why it's being removed? Another similar case to ClearURLs?

Anyone knows the exact reason?

View attachment 257033
Can you provide more information on the extension.Is that the exact name?
Thanks

johnny_yes_papa

May 4, 2021
Yes, I also just noticed that it was not running for a few weeks. Looks like it is still installed in Chrome though, and all I had to do was to re-enable it. Great little extension. May have to write my own if it stops working completely...

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.