l1nuxfre4k

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2014
Hi all.

I've recently started having issues with Chrome :(
Doesnt mather if i got 1 or 25 tabs up it still happens,
sometimes i notice it after just 1min and sometimes it can last a bit longer.

What happens?
The tab wont load up, i can press refresh and if im lucky it will refresh the page and show me the page, if im unlucky it will just timeout and keep working to refresh and its stuck there, only solution i found so far, force close the hole chrome and start it up again and its fine for a short while..
Anyone got suggestions how to fix?
Ive tried disabling addons and such, i dont got many on atm, just adblock :/

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hi all.

I've recently started having issues with Chrome :(
Doesnt mather if i got 1 or 25 tabs up it still happens,
sometimes i notice it after just 1min and sometimes it can last a bit longer.

What happens?
The tab wont load up, i can press refresh and if im lucky it will refresh the page and show me the page, if im unlucky it will just timeout and keep working to refresh and its stuck there, only solution i found so far, force close the hole chrome and start it up again and its fine for a short while..
Anyone got suggestions how to fix?
Ive tried disabling addons and such, i dont got many on atm, just adblock :/

Chrome have a reset button in settings hit reset & see what happens.:)

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0
I

illumination

Well.. have to ask, judging by your user name, are you on Linux, are you using Chromium or Chrome, what version of Chrome/Chromium are you using? What addons do you have installed? ..

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

l1nuxfre4k

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2014
Well.. have to ask, judging by your user name, are you on Linux, are you using Chromium or Chrome, what version of Chrome/Chromium are you using? What addons do you have installed? ..
lol, well i use Ubuntu and then Windows 8 50/50, im a gamer and most games is a hassle to get up and running smooth on linux so im jumping between.
This issue is on Windows

Upvote 0

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
maybe the easiest way is to reinstall it and test if the problem still exist.
I do not believe.
If something helps, you will need to do complete the removal, it means to remove the data and registry keys, shortcuts and settings and also settings, which are stored to the Internet.
Unfortunately, it is difficult to give you more advice, since does not even know whats the computer and which operating system is in use.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.