Advice Request Chrome is telling me to remove malwarebytes

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I'm getting a bit fed up with this new feature (google should mind their own bloody business IMHO). Last month Kaspersky was found to be incompatible now it's Emsisoft along with two programs I treasure both from Stardock. If ever Google decided to remove such programs without giving me a choice my relationship with Chrome will end instantly, although I've used it for some time I'm going to look for an alternative anyway. I've already ditched Google as a search engine a while ago.

D

Deleted member 178

What people fail to understand is that Chrome has a powerful sandbox, Google can handle its own security way better than many vendors.
Chrome is hard to bypass, it take a lot of time and resources, i can't say the same for some security products.

Security vendors by injecting code (and often not-so-well-made code) into Chrome augment the surface attack.
It is the same reason with vendors and Windows, MS had to create patchguard to prevent crappy kernel hooks which reduce security and create instability.

So basically Google is right to deny code injection on its browser.

If i build a big titanium wall around my house, i wont like some dude adding aluminium parts on it.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What people fail to understand is that Chrome has a powerful sandbox, Google can handle its own security way better than many vendors.
Chrome is hard to bypass, it take a lot of time and resources, i can't say the same for some security products.

Security vendors by injecting code (and often not-so-well-made code) into Chrome augment the surface attack.
It is the same reason with vendors and Windows, MS had to create patchguard to prevent crappy kernel hooks which reduce security and create instability.

So basically Google is right to deny code injection on its browser.

If i build a big titanium wall around my house, i wont like some dude adding aluminium parts on it.
That's the whole case with antivirus software and real-time protection software. Code injections into third party software and platforms are a double shaped tool. It's like a car mechanic. Actually less than two weeks ago I took my car to the mechanic to fix a weird acceleration it had. When I picked it up he said: "yes, I removed this part which was making the trouble, now it's not accelerated anymore. Oh but since you don't have this part anymore A/C won't work. Oh and you need to wake up 5 minutes earlier and get the engine warm by manually accelerating it for some minutes. That will be $150." Not sure if I had to pay him or he had to pay me...

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I do appreciate the augments for what Google are doing, but I'm unlikely to remove KIS or Emsisoft, I also really like the three Stardock programs that Chrome also feels should be annihilated. Somewhere freedom of choice should come into the situation. The issue won’t arise anymore as Chrome has gone along with the pesky Software reporting tool. My new options may or may not be as secure as Chrome, but at least it is my choice to make.

Reactions: oldschool

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you follow news about Chrome/Google, you can figure out what's going on. To be secure, you cannot have others poking around.

Nothing else to comment, since I think everything has been explained already.

L

Local Host

This article tell that many AV are concerned ("Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Eset, Emsisoft, and AVG, IOBit, Avast") and also that "Phase 3 is starting in January 2019 with Chrome 72 and will automatically block the code injection from these programs".
So my ingenuous question is to know if the "blocked" AV will continue to protect me when I use Chrome for visiting website and shopping on Internet ?
You'll still be protected, Web Shields were working just fine before this Extensions (Addons) fever, and will continue to do so.

Reactions: oldschool and JB007

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
MBAM issue with Chrome is solved with the latest update:)
"
Greetings malwarebytes community,

We have just moments ago promoted a new components package upgrade to our Windows 7 and later Users: v1.0.441

This release addresses a few specific urgent Issues:

• Fix for anti-ransomware failing to load when there is an exclusion on a removed drive
  • Fix for the error relating missing DLLs that under certain circumstances could cause the UI to fail to launch
  • Removed anti-exploit shield from Chrome due to Google’s new policy against code injection into Chrome
  • Fix truncated text on some dashboard messages and labels
  • Fix for excessive driver logging that could in some cases occur
Thank you so much to all of you."

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Hello
MBAM issue with Chrome is solved with the latest update:)
"
Greetings malwarebytes community,

We have just moments ago promoted a new components package upgrade to our Windows 7 and later Users: v1.0.441

This release addresses a few specific urgent Issues:

• Fix for anti-ransomware failing to load when there is an exclusion on a removed drive
  • Fix for the error relating missing DLLs that under certain circumstances could cause the UI to fail to launch
  • Removed anti-exploit shield from Chrome due to Google’s new policy against code injection into Chrome
  • Fix truncated text on some dashboard messages and labels
  • Fix for excessive driver logging that could in some cases occur
Thank you so much to all of you."
The only problem with this 'solution' is that it removes MB's anti-exploit protection from Chrome to avoid the warning. :emoji_disappointed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.