Chrome randomly opens up page

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Since I don't have the exact link that I was directed to (automatically in chrome) anymore because for some awkward reason, my last account was banned for posting about this virus (spam? lol), I'm just going to give you this link to review (most likely the same as mine but not sure):

[Don't Open] "http://e324rfds.r-microdefender27.nl/index.php?key=82e71c1760b5abb01d8023f98e571a1f"

I just need somebody to look into this for me and tell me how to remove the source. I'm afraid that it will come back later and my virus scanners aren't picking it up -- none of them.

Please don't ban my account this time and actually read the thread instead of the title I made that looked like spam. This is an actual concern of mine.

Thank you.

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Yeah, I'd like to see where the source of this is so I can remove it/find out what kind of virus it is.

If my account info (bank, steam, etc.) is at risk, I need to find this right away, remove it, then change all of that stuff. I'm checking local in appdata right now but I'm not finding anything.

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Is the aswMBR scan supposed to take a long time? Because it's taking a long time.

Can I just upload the FRST log for you to review while this one scans or do you prefer to have it all at once?

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Here are the logs. I will be awaiting your response. Thank you. :)

Edit: Never mind, you don't need to delete this post. Sorry for the pointless report.

Last edited:

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
PC seems clean, do you have problems now...

No, I don't. I haven't had any problems but many other Skype users have reported getting a 500 interal error upon being linked to the same page that I was. I have disabled ads in Skype via internet explorer which should temporarily get rid of that problem. I have also scanned with Avast!, AVG, MWB, and Windows Defender all today, all full scans -- plus the programs you told me to scan with. None of them turned up with any results it seems. I have no suspicious processes running either.

But just to be on the safe side, did you check it for any hidden viruses that might be undetectable by any AVs?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, we checked whole system and it is clean.

You can now remove used tools:

Please download DelFix by "Xplode" to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge System Restore

Now click on "Run" button. Wait for the programme completes his work.
All the tools we used should be gone.
Tool will create and open an log report (DelFix.txt)
Note: The report will also be stored on C:\DelFix.txt

> I don't need DelFix log report.

AkemiMoonstar

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Yes, we checked whole system and it is clean.

You can now remove used tools:

Please download DelFix by "Xplode" to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge System Restore

Now click on "Run" button. Wait for the programme completes his work.
All the tools we used should be gone.
Tool will create and open an log report (DelFix.txt)
Note: The report will also be stored on C:\DelFix.txt

> I don't need DelFix log report.

Awesome, thank you very much. I appreciate the help. It's nice to know my system is fine. I'll let you know if anything else comes up. Once again, thank you very much. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.