@Parkinsond
True, but with little bit agressive script cleaner, nobody is present at relaunch
True, but with little bit agressive script cleaner, nobody is present at relaunch
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yeah, it was my fault, I added an impossible exception, clear all cookies except all cookies.I have tested Edge; checked cookies in settings immediately after relaunch; it was compeletely empy, but in few seconds cookies of microsoft and google were added.
So technically speaking, Edge does not fail to clear all cookies on exit.
I'm just curious as to why you use Microsoft Edge on Linux and whether it's superior to other private options.@TairikuOkami
i do not have this ntp.msn.com at startup on Linux, maybe because of setting policies (83 presents), and i am also running NextDNS in cli mode
I think RAM consumption could be one the reasons. Of the major browsers,Edge got good memory management. Perfect for those with outdated specs. Ofcourse users can opt with other browsers but the UX kinda feels different.At this point, I'm struggling to see WHY would anyone use Edge as their primary browser. It's literal malware.
I'm trying Zen for the first time; a bit confusing but as fast as brave.At this point, I'm struggling to see WHY would anyone use Edge as their primary browser. It's literal malware.
It's 2026, and pretty much everyone today has at least 8 GB of RAM. Heck, my old laptop that I bought back in 2015 came with 8 GB, so I don't think RAM is the reason. While it is valid case, the percentage of users with less than 8 GB RAM can be shown with one hand.I think RAM consumption could be one the reasons. Of the major browsers,Edge got good memory management. Perfect for those with outdated specs. Ofcourse users can opt with other browsers but the UX kinda feels different.
It's Gecko under the hood. Basically Firefox with changed design and some about:config tweaks.I'm trying Zen for the first time; a bit confusing but as fast as brave.
I have decided to give a try after introducing the selective dark mode per website which saves me the delay by Dark reader or the universal implementation using the flag.It's Gecko under the hood. Basically Firefox with changed design and some about:config tweaks
How much RAM do you have in your PC?I have decided to give a try after introducing the selective dark mode per website which saves me the delay by Dark reader or the universal implementation using the flag.
Until now, it is fast but the only downside is using more RAM compared to its Chromium peers.
8 GB; approx 10% or more total RAM usage higher than Chromium.How much RAM do you have in your PC?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes