Chromebase desktop , more secure than the best windows setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I recently discovered through a chrome extension called browsec , which does vpn services, left port 443 open on my system. Is this normal?
I'm not entirely sure, but the description implies it's safe, and also port 443 is known for being "secured". :)

Reactions: frogboy and lobo001

dave epps

Thread author
Apr 10, 2017
I'm not entirely sure, but the description implies it's safe, and also port 443 is known for being "secured". :)
I contacted google's support page on their chrome OS. Hopefully they will give me quality answers on several areas I touched on this with them. Thanks bro. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-05-18 at 1.03.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2017-05-18 at 1.03.00 PM.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 347

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
welcome to MT Your are secure until you feel insecure the moment you think you are secure the very moment you become insecure. security is never-ending jornuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.